Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    jgenie is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Default Anyone have a teen boy who sees a female pediatrician?

The sole male doctor at our pediatrician has left the practice. I’m going to wait to see if they add a new male doctor but will likely look for a new practice. Wondering if anyone has a teen boy who sees a female pediatrician for their yearly check up.
    Last edited by jgenie; 05-18-2022 at 05:27 PM.

o_mom is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

All three of mine see a female ped. The practice is all female, so no other option. They have never had an issue with it, including checking private parts, etc.
    Mama to three boys ('03, '05, '07)

ezcc is offline Gold level (500+ posts)

yes, our pediatrician is a woman- ds (19) has seen her his whole life and is very comfortable with her.

gatorsmom is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

We have a couple of males and females in our practice. I prefer one of the females because she has a great sense of humor and has been very understanding and thinks proactively with DS3's ADHD needs. DS1 switched to a male doc when he was in 7th grade but just recently switched back over to her because she had more appointment openings. He said he's a lot less self conscious now that he's older.

My other 2 boys who are in 8th and 10th grade still see her and feel fine around her. They said it's because she is funny and that takes away from the awkward moments like getting their genitals checked. She's just very matter-of- fact about it.
    " I object to violence because when it appears to do good, the good is only temporary; the evil it does is permanent." Mahatma Gandhi

"This is the ultimate weakness of violence: It multiplies evil and violence in the universe. It doesn't solve any problems." Martin Luther King, Jr.

khm is offline Ruby level (4000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by jgenie View Post
    The sole male doctor at our pediatrician has left the practice. I’m going to wait to see if they add a new male doctor but will likely have to look for a new practice. Wondering if anyone has a te3n boy who sees a female pediatrician for their yearly check up.
    My kids' ped is a female, same one since toddlerhood. She's super duper cool. So dry and funny and matter of fact. It isn't weird for my son, like at all. My daughter was super sad that she's "aged out" of the ped.

JustMe is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

My son sees a female ped . He has seen he since he was very young. At one point, he said he wanted to change to a male dr and I started to locate one for him. However, it has been harder to get in with new drs since the pandemic. After his last check up, he said there he didnt want to change anymore and was happy to stay with her.
    Last edited by JustMe; 05-18-2022 at 09:37 PM.
    lucky single mom to 20 yr old dd and 17 yr old ds through 2 very different adoption routes

PunkyBoo is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

My boys also see a female ped, since birth. I asked DS1 a year or so ago if he wanted to switch to a make Dr in the practice (he's met them all on sick calls over the years). He said no, he's fine with seeing her.

Sent from my Pixel 3a XL using Tapatalk

Mama to DS1 Punkin (2/04) and DS2 Boo (1/09)

LD92599 is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

19 and still seeing the female ped. No issues; I've asked if he wants to switch and he says no.
    Plus I like the ease of making quick appointments, covid testing if necessary, etc....vs with an adult practice!

Other way around - my DD sees a male ped. We love him so much that when he moved to the practices further office full-time, we kept him as our primary. I asked DD after her well check last week if she wanted to switch to a female but she said no. I'll continue to ask her but if she's okay, we'll stick with our male ped.
    Mom to Two Wild and Crazy Boys and One Sweet Baby Girl

SnuggleBuggles is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

If he's ok with it, don't rock the boat. Plenty of people care more about the person than gender.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast