Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    mmsmom is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

We have options for both at our practice so DS sees a male and DD a female. But I do have DH take DS (now 15) to his annual visit and have the last 2 years. Our practice still has parents in the room (not sure when that ends) and just felt it was better for DH to be there vs me. But I wouldn’t worry if there wasn’t a same gender Dr option.

Quote Originally Posted by mmsmom View Post
    We have options for both at our practice so DS sees a male and DD a female. But I do have DH take DS (now 15) to his annual visit and have the last 2 years. Our practice still has parents in the room (not sure when that ends) and just felt it was better for DH to be there vs me. But I wouldn’t worry if there wasn’t a same gender Dr option.
    Interesting, I wonder how much this varies between practices. Ours has kids 12 and older go in by themselves first, then either has the parent come in for the last part of the visit or if the parent prefers they can wait in the car and the doctor will video chat with them at the end to answer questions and give updates.
    DS 2/14
    DD 8/17

SnuggleBuggles is online now Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by gymnbomb View Post
    Interesting, I wonder how much this varies between practices. Ours has kids 12 and older go in by themselves first, then either has the parent come in for the last part of the visit or if the parent prefers they can wait in the car and the doctor will video chat with them at the end to answer questions and give updates.
    We go in until age 18 at our practice. The kid goes in first to do the mental health screening form then parent comes in for the whole exam and talking.

My DS who just turned 18 sees a female Pediatrician. A few years back I asked if he wanted to switch to a male as there are two male doctors in the practice and he said no. I told him to let me know if he changes his mind and he hasn't so far.

essnce629 is online now Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Our entire family has seen a female family doctor for 13 years now. There's also a female NP and PA in the practice. I asked DS1 (18) in the past if he wanted to switch to a male doctor and he said no. I haven't asked DS2 (13 next week) yet.

Sent from my SM-A526U1 using Tapatalk
    Latia (Birth & Postpartum Doula and Infant Nanny)
    Conner 8/19/03 (My 1st home birthed water baby!)
    Parker 5/23/09 (My 2nd home birthed water baby!)

jgenie is online now Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Thanks for all the replies. I’ll check in with DC to see how they feel. DS2 is still in the streaking phase so I think he’ll likely be fine. Just need to check in with DS1. They’ve both seen all the female doctors but their yearly exams have always been with the male doctors.

Kindra178 is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Mine!

Sent from my iPhone using Baby Bargains

Both of mine have the same female pediatrician. They've never asked for a male. Most of their other doctors are also female.
    Mommy to 2 DS's (2003 and 2007)

My son started with a female pediatrician and stayed with her till he left for college. Worked great.
    Mom to:
    DS '02
    DS '05
    Percy--the wild furry child!!! 2022----
    Simon--the first King Charles cutie 2009-2022
    RIP Andy, the furry first child, 1996-2012

"The task of any religion is not to tell us who we are entitled to hate but to teach us who we are required to love."

klwa is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

DS is 16 and just sees whichever doctor/NP is available. Hasn't been an issue yet. There ARE male doctors at our practice, but none currently at our preferred office.
    -Kris
    DS (9/05)
    DD (8/08)
    DD (9/12)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast