elbenn is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Default Can I plan a trip to Iceland for this summer?

Well, we had a trip planned for this summer but due to schedule changes, we won't be going on it, and I have always wanted to go to Iceland. Before I get too far into the planning, is it possible to plan a trip for late July or early August to Iceland or will everything already be booked? I usually would plan this type of trip earlier in advance, but that's not going to happen for this year. I can always plan the trip to somewhere else with more available options and do Iceland later. If you think another place would be easier to book, please offer suggestions!

I have no idea. We went to Iceland three years ago (June 2019). We stayed in various Airbnbs/VRBOs. So check out lodging options to see what’s available. We didn’t make many other reservations (only the tomato restaurant and a boat ride on the lagoon near diamond beach that has a long name beginning with J.) No idea of reservations are now required for Þingvellir National Park since Covid started. Also check rental cars. It was a fantastic vacation! So many amazingly breathtaking sites. My kids loved it as well. At the time they were 13, almost 10, and almost 6.
    Last edited by georgiegirl; 05-16-2022 at 12:42 PM.
    DD (3/06)
    DS1 (7/09)
    DS2 (8/13)

jgenie is online now Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by georgiegirl View Post
    I have no idea. We went to Iceland three years ago (June 2019). We stayed in various Airbnbs/VRBOs. So check out lodging options to see what’s available. We didn’t make many other reservations (only the tomato restaurant and a boat ride on the lagoon near diamond beach that has a long name beginning with J.) No idea of reservations are now required for Þingvellir National Park since Covid started. Also check rental cars. It was a fantastic vacation! So many amazingly breathtaking sites. My kids loved it as well. At the time they were 13, almost 10, and almost 6.
    Would you mind linking to the airbnbs / vrbos if you liked them.

Quote Originally Posted by jgenie View Post
    Would you mind linking to the airbnbs / vrbos if you liked them.
    We loved all the places we stayed.

This was our first stop. We stayed here when we explored the Snaefellsnes Peninsula.

https://abnb.me/yELq8qvp5pb

Golden circle area. Walkable to restaurants.

https://abnb.me/5hhCiuDp5pb

This one was our favorite. It was on the way to the glacier lagoon area. The kids loved exploring the “hills.”l”

https://abnb.me/98SfSIop5pb

We only stayed one night at this last one on our way back to the airport. Only complaint was no room darkening shades. It was light 24 hours a day when we went.

https://abnb.me/bubNblPp5pb

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Last edited by georgiegirl; 05-16-2022 at 05:15 PM.
    DD (3/06)
    DS1 (7/09)
    DS2 (8/13)

jgenie is online now Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by georgiegirl View Post
    We loved all the places we stayed.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Thank you!!

elbenn is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Thanks for the info. I guess I just need to start checking stuff out.