Thread: I'm a zebra.

Kestrel is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Default I'm a zebra.

So.... I'm playing "Zoo" with my nieces. They decide as a group what animal everyone is. They are 4, 3 1/2, 3 1/2, and 3.

They tell me I'm a zebra. I'm cool with that.

I ask why.....

"Because you have cool white stripes!"

They're talking about the long white hairs mixed in my very dark (Native American) hair.

Thanks girls.

(sigh)

PunkyBoo is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Lol! I remember when DS1 was about 6 and said, "Mom the a white string in your hair" and DH was trying to shush him...

ETA- could have been worse- they could have called you a skunk!!
    Sent from my Pixel 3a XL using Tapatalk

Mama to DS1 Punkin (2/04) and DS2 Boo (1/09)

klwa is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

My (now adult) nieces still walk up behind me and say "Coco! You have paint in your hair!" Because when they were little they thought I had accidentally gotten white paint in my hair.
    -Kris
    DS (9/05)
    DD (8/08)
    DD (9/12)

Oh, I totally feel your pain.

The other day at the grocery store, an elderly gentleman asked me if I was planning to retire any time soon. I'm 47 years old. Thanks, Dad, for your "early gray hair" gene. I started discovering grays when I was in high school.
    DS1 2006
    DS2 2009

ArizonaGirl is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

I was going down a whole different path...

My kids always tell me I'm the zebra because of all of my many stretch marks from carrying the two of them.
    Lindsey

Married to DH June 2005 gave birth to Shawn December 2008 and Lilian August 2012

When my DD was 9 or 10, she was in a theater summer camp, taking a stage makeup class. The assignment for the day--make somebody look old. She took one look at me and said, "Oh this is going to be easy, you already have all the wrinkles". Thanks kid, thanks a lot.
    Mom to:
    DS '02
    DS '05
    Percy--the wild furry child!!! 2022----
    Simon--the first King Charles cutie 2009-2022
    RIP Andy, the furry first child, 1996-2012

"The task of any religion is not to tell us who we are entitled to hate but to teach us who we are required to love."

niccig is offline Clean Sweep forum moderator

I started going gray very young as many do in my family. I stopped dying my hair 10 years ago. I have silver hair and I’m late 40s. At least once a year one of my students will gasp in surprise and ask me what’s wrong with my hair. A teacher apologized for the student, I wasn’t upset but elated the student, who I have worked with for 3 years, noticed something about someone else

Sent from my iPhone using Baby Bargains

KrisM is offline Clean Sweep forum moderator

Lol. I love hearing those cute things kids say!
    Kris

doberbrat is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

LOL Wed, I was brushing my teeth and saw a light hair and thought to myself 'look, my hair is already bleaching out from the sun' and then reality struck .... that is a grey hair! (I do have a couple of other ones, but they're deeper in my hair and I never see them).

2 days later, I'm sitting at a table with students and one of my 3rd graders says "Miss, you have white hair does that mean you're getting old?" I laughed and said 'Yes'. He looks at me and says "so are you like 100?" Not quite kid!
    dd1 10/05
    dd2 11/09
    and ... a mini poodle!