Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    wendibird22 is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Default Best blender for smoothies

DD1 and I like smoothies. We currently just use a stick blender. I don’t own a regular blender. Thinking of getting a nutribullet or ninja. Any recommendations? Do I go with just a personal cup size or get a full size blender? Honestly don’t really make frozen drinks and haven’t needed a blender for anything. Our stick blender and food processor seem to be enough. So I’m inclined to get the personal “blend in a cup” kind so it’s just make and go for her and me. Stick blender works fine but I’m sure we burn the motor out easier and it’s not as fast.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Mom to two amazing DDs ('07 & '09) and a fur baby.

Gluten free since Nov '11 after non-celiac gluten sensitive diagnosis. Have had great improvement or total elimination of: migraines, bloating/distention, heartburn, cystic acne, canker sores, bleeding gums, eczema on elbows, dry skin and scalp, muscle cramps, PMS, hair loss, heart palpitations, fatigue. I'm amazed.

gobadgers is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

We used to use the stick blender too, and got a Nutribullet a couple years ago. Mostly it's just one person making themselves a smoothie here, so it works well. Once in a while, I wish I could make two smoothies at a time, but that's outweighed by the fact that it's a nice small appliance and doesn't take up much cabinet space. We put the cups through the dishwasher, and just rinse or hand-wash the blade assembly.
    -Christine

DD, 9/07
    DS, 5/09
    and a very tolerant pup

California is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

I used the nutribullet for a few years and it worked great for exactly what you’re describing- quick grab and go smoothies. Very convenient, easy to clean, easy to store.

When my girls started drinking daily breakfast smoothies too, we did eventually burn the motor out. We upgraded to a blendtek so we can make three servings at once. This works great for us but it is definitely a bulkier and much heavier appliance.

JustMe is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

My kids make tons of smoothies and I just have a basic Oster blender. They don’t make my model anymore, but I see they do have some inexpensive models at Target.

smilequeen is online now Diamond level (5000+ posts)

I use a vitamix but DH bought himself a Ninja because he prefers to just make the smoothie and go instead of pouring it into a cup like I do. They both seem to work really well for smoothies, although the vitamix works better if I use frozen fruit.
    Mama to my boys (04,07,11)

athompson is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Vitamix! I recently found one at a thrift store for $15, and I love this thing so much that I wish I would have dropped the $ years ago. I love that it blends frozen fruits in smoothies so well and that I can add so many greens and have it all perfectly liquified in seconds.

niccig is online now Clean Sweep forum moderator

I got an instant pot blender based on recommendations here. Cheaper than the vita mix and blends much better than my old cheaper blender

Sent from my iPhone using Baby Bargains

Our old Ninja can be used with a large blender pitcher or individual cups for single smoothies. I like that we can use it for both. I bought it years ago and this thing keeps on going. The Vitamix works very slightly better but not enough for me to buy one before my Ninja dies on it's own. I put LOTS of greens in our smoothies (the trick is to mix the greens and liquid before adding anything else) and it's never clumpy.
    Mom to Two Wild and Crazy Boys and One Sweet Baby Girl

cuca_ is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

I have this and love it for smoothies. https://www.target.com/p/ninja-foodi...81#lnk=sametab

I also have a vitamix that has gotten no use since I purchased the Ninja. I much prefer the compact footprint of the ninja and don’t see a difference in performance.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

mmsmom is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by carolinamama View Post
    Our old Ninja can be used with a large blender pitcher or individual cups for single smoothies. I like that we can use it for both. I bought it years ago and this thing keeps on going. The Vitamix works very slightly better but not enough for me to buy one before my Ninja dies on it's own. I put LOTS of greens in our smoothies (the trick is to mix the greens and liquid before adding anything else) and it's never clumpy.
    Agree the Ninja is great. I have the set from Costco and love blending directly in the smoothie jars. Also love the food processor attachment as well.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast