Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    AnnieW625 is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

Default Update #18: Has anyone placed an ebags order recently?

I ordered through the Rakuten app because they had 5% off and my credit card (on file with PayPal) has been charged (although the payment is still pending), but I have yet to receive any kind of order notification from ebags. I filed a dispute through PayPal because I attempted to chat with ebags and got nowhere….I waited for 30 minutes for the chat to activate and it never did. I ordered from them at least once with the last being in 2018 and had no problems. This is really strange. PayPal has until 6/10 to get me a response and I can escalate the dispute by then as well if I don’t have an answer.

I have since found their reviews on trustpilot to be a abysmal but had no idea it was that bad or I wouldn’t have placed the order.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by AnnieW625; 06-08-2022 at 05:40 PM.
    Annie
    WOHM to two wonderful little girls born in April
    DD E, 17
    DD L, 13,
    baby 2, 4-2009 (our Tri-18 baby)

I have ordered from them many times in the past (probably more than 10 orders between my mom and me) and never had a single problem with them. But my last order was 2-3 years ago, so my experiences are not recent.

I hope you are able to get things resolved either through them or through PayPal.

DS 2/14
    DD 8/17

ang79 is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

I ordered from them several times years ago with no issues but this was before they stopped carrying other brands and just selling their own stuff (so probably pre-Covid). Hope you get it resolved quickly!

essnce629 is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

I've ordered from them several times without issue. My last order was about 18 months ago when I bought all the luggage for DS1 to take to college.

Sent from my SM-A526U1 using Tapatalk
    Latia (Birth & Postpartum Doula and Infant Nanny)
    Conner 8/19/03 (My 1st home birthed water baby!)
    Parker 5/23/09 (My 2nd home birthed water baby!)

jgenie is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Is this an order you placed today or a while back? I’ve ordered from them previously and never had a problem. I haven’t ordered since their big sale during the pandemic.

jgenie is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Is this an order you placed today or a while back? I’ve ordered from them previously and never had a problem. I haven’t ordered since their big sale during the pandemic.

I placed the order on Wednesday 6/1/22. I even got the Rakuten verification that my order went through. I order things through Rakuten all of the time and always get an automatic confirmation from them and the seller’s website. I tried multiple times to login into my account and requested my password be reset as well and got no link to change the password. I sent DMs to them through Twitter, Instagram, and Facebook tonight and also sent an email via their website earlier. I will keep you updated.

Annie
    DD E, 17
    DD L, 13,

Their customer service is the worst! I ordered three mother lode jr. backpacks for our family to use when travelling. They only sent two. To be fair, they only charged me for two but they never notified me of the problem with the third. I would have chosen a different color. Now we only have two and you can't get the jr. anymore. I emailed their customer service several times and they never responded. They sent me an email asking for a review. I left my review of how much I like the bags that I received but blasted their customer service. They pulled my review. Also, to your point, I do remember their shipping notifications being terrible. I never got any, the bags just showed up. That's why I didn't know that one of the bags had be cancelled. I'll never order from them again.

BriarRose…..if you really want a third Motherlode Jr. please send me a PM. I will sell mine to you; it is maroon. We don’t use ours much and I much prefer the Lo and Son’s Catalina tote I have.

Annie
    DD E, 17
    DD L, 13,

NCGrandma is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Sorry to hear all these stories but I’m glad for the warning. I have bought a number of things from eBags over the years but not since they dropped other brands. We only had a couple of problems (one Samsonite bag had a seam that wasn’t fully sewn) and customer service was great — they shipped a replacement immediately without waiting for us to return the defective bag.

Sent from my iPad using Baby Bargains

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast