Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    bisous is online now Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Default DS1 might not be able to walk for graduation

We finally caught COVID at the house! I started having symptoms on Friday. I tested and it was negative. I was super sick all day Saturday so I tested again and Sunday morning I got a nice fast positive result on my rapid. DS1 and DS3 also tested positive. DS1 is supposed to walk for HS graduation in 5 days. If his rapid is negative, he's "allowed" to. Otherwise, he'll have to miss it. I know in the grand scheme of things this is just one of thousands of things people have missed in the course of this pandemic, I guess it is just a reminder that we're not entirely out of this thing yet!

Incidentally, my symptoms started 3 days after our DL trip!

Also, I'm WIPED OUT. Hope this will go away soon and does not become long COVID! I'm trying to be chill but we have a LOT going on!

SnuggleBuggles is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

Technically he’s fine to go after 5 days. Just needs to wear a mask. Cdc policy. Even if the school policy differs, I’d tell them to stuff it and follow cdc.
    Dh very likely caught Covid at Disney or the plane. Hard to avoid in those crowded spaces!
    Feel better!

Sent from my iPhone using Baby Bargains

petesgirl is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Oh no!!
    Mama to :
    DS1 (July 2011)
    DD (Feb 2014-June 2015)
    DS2 (Apr 2017)

"You never really understand a person until you consider things from his point of view...Until you climb inside his skin and walk around in it."
    --Atticus Finch (To Kill A Mockingbird)

nfceagles is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Oh no! I’m so sorry and hope you feel better soon. Here in CT he’d be allowed to walk if he masked based on CDC guidance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I am sooooo sorry!!! It really is a big deal, especially for those of us who overcame some BIG obstacles to get there!
    Mom to:
    DS '02
    DS '05
    Percy--the wild furry child!!! 2022----
    Simon--the first King Charles cutie 2009-2022
    RIP Andy, the furry first child, 1996-2012

"The task of any religion is not to tell us who we are entitled to hate but to teach us who we are required to love."

essnce629 is online now Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Oh no, that really sucks big time. Fingers crossed he tests negative on day 5 but CDC guidelines do say ok to come out of isolation with a well fitting mask after day 5. Is the graduation outside?

Sent from my SM-A526U1 using Tapatalk
    Latia (Birth & Postpartum Doula and Infant Nanny)
    Conner 8/19/03 (My 1st home birthed water baby!)
    Parker 5/23/09 (My 2nd home birthed water baby!)

I'm so sorry! Speedy recovery for you and your family and I hope he's able to walk at the end of the week. So many people I know have come down positive within the past few weeks, not just locally but around the state.
    ~ Dawn
    Our little monkey (4/2011) & his early holiday present 12/12

bisous is online now Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

School just confirmed that they are stricter than CDC and he can only walk with a negative test. Here’s praying it worked out!

erosenst is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

So sorry to hear this - so frustrating. DD's boyfriend tested positive LAST Sunday. Although CDC guidance is that he's ok after 5 days with a mask, especially outside, camp isn't allowing him to start "staff week" at camp until two negative tests. He's still showing positive - so instead of getting there last Friday as planned/allowed by CDC, earliest will be tomorrow if he tests negative today. I get it...and it's still a shame/frustrating. Hope your DS tests negative quickly!

SnuggleBuggles is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

Keep testing if one comes back positive. Our friend's dd needed to test to get out of the isolation dorm at college. 3 tests in one day and 1 showed negative (this was day 6). That was good enough.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast