Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    Tenasparkl is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by bisous View Post
    School just confirmed that they are stricter than CDC and he can only walk with a negative test. Here’s praying it worked out!
    Good luck! It took until day 8 or 9 for my kids to get negative tests to return to school.

marinkitty is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

I'm so sorry! I hope he tests negative and can walk. I really hate for these kids to miss anything else after all they have already missed out on. Hope you all feel better soon.

wendibird22 is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Oh no, that stinks! I was still testing positive at day 10. I so hope your son gets a neg test so he can walk.
    Mom to two amazing DDs ('07 & '09) and a fur baby.

Gluten free since Nov '11 after non-celiac gluten sensitive diagnosis. Have had great improvement or total elimination of: migraines, bloating/distention, heartburn, cystic acne, canker sores, bleeding gums, eczema on elbows, dry skin and scalp, muscle cramps, PMS, hair loss, heart palpitations, fatigue. I'm amazed.

SnuggleBuggles is online now Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

Not to be dishonest but are they really going to check his test result? If walking is a big deal to him and they aren't actually going to test him or ask for proof, follow CDC.

basil is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Sorry to hear you are sick! I continue to be flabbergasted that we haven't had it yet.

I agree with SnuggleBuggles. +/- nasal rinse right prior to test to help wash away viral particles if it's important to have an actual negative test.

I am SO over asymptomatic healthy people being quarantined at this point.
    DS- 8/11
    DD- 5/14

KpbS is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

I’m so very sorry and hope he has a negative test and can walk for graduation!!
    K

California is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Oh no, what horrible timing! Covid is really on an upswing here in SoCal. We have ten students out with COVID in our top grade who are missing all the end of year activities and possibly their promotion. All of these kids (your son included) have had so many events canceled over the past two years. I feel so frustrated for them!

The CDC has gotten a lot of push back from health professionals over the change to the five day rule, as they do acknowledge that people with a positive test may still be contagious, just 'less' contagious. Knowing that he's potentially still contagious, it doesn't seem completely ethical to send him to an event that grandparents and other vulnerable people will be attending. That is my two cents. But, I get that you are in a tough place. No doubt your whole family wants to celebrate him and now has this wrench in your plans. Praying for a negative test!!!

SnuggleBuggles is online now Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by California View Post
    Oh no, what horrible timing! Covid is really on an upswing here in SoCal. We have ten students out with COVID in our top grade who are missing all the end of year activities and possibly their promotion. All of these kids (your son included) have had so many events canceled over the past two years. I feel so frustrated for them!

The CDC has gotten a lot of push back from health professionals over the change to the five day rule, as they do acknowledge that people with a positive test may still be contagious, just 'less' contagious. Knowing that he's potentially still contagious, it doesn't seem completely ethical to send him to an event that grandparents and other vulnerable people will be attending. That is my two cents. But, I get that you are in a tough place. No doubt your whole family wants to celebrate him and now has this wrench in your plans. Praying for a negative test!!!
    But that’s why the mask. And, I was assuming this was outdoors. How close would he be to grandparents…? Our grad has kids in one section, parents close by, extended family far away. Yes, CDC got pushback but we know that OP and family will mask up…far less faith in the general population to follow that part of the guideline. We have vaccines, boosters and masks. At some point it has to be enough to carry on. My dh has been as conservative as can be but on day 6 he put on his N95 and went back to work and volunteering.

Sent from my iPhone using Baby Bargains

bisous is online now Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

At this point I'm just praying that he'll legitimately qualify to walk for graduation! He has a few days... We're not going to test until tomorrow and then if that's not clear, then Friday and then we'll have to skip it. I don't have a problem with the reasoning that snugglebuggles gave, but it doesn't feel consistent with how we've been for the rest of the pandemic. It feels sort of strange because his high school graduation is a culmination of sorts on his entire childhood which has kind of been defined by a struggle to teach to do the right thing. It would seem strange to fudge things even a little bit just to participate in a symbolic end, if that makes sense. Would appreciate any prayers you can spare so that he can make it!

Gracemom is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

I'm so sorry. That is really rotten timing. Praying he will be able to walk! And I feel bad for you! This is an achievement for you too and I wish you felt better and could really enjoy it.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast