Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    khm is offline Ruby level (4000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by mom2binsd View Post
    Unless he is having some symptoms, I would send him to the outdoor graduation. These kids have been through so much, it is a big deal to graduate. If this were two years ago it would be different.

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk
    Hard agree. The school can't play both sides of the coin. Your son deserves to attend his graduation. He isn't a risk to anyone any more than any person choosing to attend.

Melbel is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

I would consider doing a nasal rinse. We have used nutribiotic grapefruit seed extract nose spray and Barleans olive leaf extract throat spray since 2020. More recently, a diluted iodine nasal rinse/gargle protocol has become more prevalent (see e.g. https://medhelpclinics.com/resources...l-for-covid-19).

Iodine has also been used as a shield for health care workers. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC8026810/

A friend of mine who picked up COVID while traveling internationally was able to return after 5 days (tested negative) using this protocol. ETA she wore a good fitting mask to error on the safe side while traveling home.
    Last edited by Melbel; 06-09-2022 at 05:03 PM.

essnce629 is online now Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Any updates? Did you test DS1 today and yesterday? I really hope he gets to walk. Is the graduation tonight or tomorrow?

Sent from my SM-A526U1 using Tapatalk
    Latia (Birth & Postpartum Doula and Infant Nanny)
    Conner 8/19/03 (My 1st home birthed water baby!)
    Parker 5/23/09 (My 2nd home birthed water baby!)

bisous is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

It’s today. He continued to test positive so he isn’t going to be able to walk. I did finally test negative so I’m picking up BBQ takeout. He’ll eat that and watch his graduation on the livestream. It is what it is!

essnce629 is online now Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by bisous View Post
    It’s today. He continued to test positive so he isn’t going to be able to walk. I did finally test negative so I’m picking up BBQ takeout. He’ll eat that and watch his graduation on the livestream. It is what it is!
    I'm so sorry, what a huge bummer. Did he and your other DSs have symptoms? Are DD and DH still negative?

Sent from my SM-A526U1 using Tapatalk
    Latia (Birth & Postpartum Doula and Infant Nanny)
    Conner 8/19/03 (My 1st home birthed water baby!)
    Parker 5/23/09 (My 2nd home birthed water baby!)

ged is offline Gold level (500+ posts)

I'm sorry. Fwiw, several seniors at my daughter's school also had to miss their grad ceremony due to testing positive for COVID. So, while I'm sure it doesn't take the sting away, he is not completely alone. It is such a bummer though.

hbridge is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

I am SO SORRY!!! There were a few kids at our district graduation that were unable to walk due to positive covid. It is so hard.

doberbrat is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

That really s*cks I'm very sorry
    dd1 10/05
    dd2 11/09
    and ... a mini poodle!

jgenie is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

I’m so sorry to hear. Hope everyOne is feeling well.

KrisM is offline Clean Sweep forum moderator

I'm so sorry he had to miss it.

Sent from my Pixel 5a using Tapatalk
    Kris

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast