Globetrotter is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Default Ugh, west elm :(

Back in APRIL, I spent a lot of time and effort choosing dining chairs. I finally found the one I wanted and placed a custom order with West Elm then, which was supposed to be ready in July, and just now I got an email saying they cannot fulfill the order so it’s cancelled. Now I have to start all over. UGH.
    "Friendship is born at that moment when one person says to another, "What? You, too? I thought I was the only one." C.S. Lewis

essnce629 is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Oh no, that's sucks really bad. I'm sorry.

Sent from my SM-A526U1 using Tapatalk
    Latia (Birth & Postpartum Doula and Infant Nanny)
    Conner 8/19/03 (My 1st home birthed water baby!)
    Parker 5/23/09 (My 2nd home birthed water baby!)

jerigirl is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Ugh!! I feel your pain. Last September we purchased a pair of dining chairs to see if we liked them. They arrived quickly. We liked them and wanted to order 8 more to fill out our table. About 2 weeks later we placed an order for 8 more chairs. They kept pushing the arrival date out further and further until they said it would be this September. 1 year later! I finally just canceled my order....
    jeri
    DS 6/10/06
    DS2 9/1/10

erosenst is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

SOOOO frustrating. I just ordered a dining room table, chairs, and a chair and sofa. The dining room table came a few weeks ago. The rest is supposed to come September or October (or basically...whenever). My husband asked why I didn't wait to order the table. "It's in stock now. It's perfect. I"m getting it now."

mmsmom is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Ordered dining table from Crate & Barrell in early March. Delivery was supposed to be early April. Then delivery changed to early May. On May 10th I got a text that table was in and to schedule delivery. First available delivery date is June 17th! They refunded the delivery charge but still no table.

Then ordered outside table & chairs from Home Depot. Paid $60 for delivery to have room of choice delivery and unpacking with packing material removed. Delivery was supposed to be June 7th. Get a call from delivery company that they are delivering on May 31st which I should be happy about but I am out of town. They assure me I don’t need to be home, they will put on patio and unpack as I paid for. Driver texts that he is on way and I tell him how to get in gate. An hour later I look at security camera and there are 3 huge boxes, not unpacked. I immediately text driver to tell him he was supposed to unpack and take boxes. Spend all day at the beach texting with Home Depot. They first say the delivery company is impossible to get in touch with (why do you use a delivery company that you can not communicate with?). Then they say delivery company is no longer in area so can’t come back. Then they offer me a gift card to rent a truck to dispose of the boxes (the boxes are huge and my recycling requires tearing them in small pieces and is only every other week so would probably be 6 weeks to get rid of it all. In the end they refunded the $60 and said they were sending delivery company back. But of course they never came. I unpacked and the boxes are in garage. I don’t want to spend the energy contacting them again.

I wonder if we will ever go back to expecting better service & for things to be on time?

SnuggleBuggles is online now Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

Eventually you’ll get it and this will all be a distant memory…says someone who waited 8 months for a ton of C&B furniture.

Sent from my iPhone using Baby Bargains

Gracemom is online now Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

That really sucks. We needed new bedroom furniture and took a while finding exactly what we wanted. We were given an estimate of 2 months for delivery. Then got text that it wasn't ready yet but no estimate of actual date. Kept getting texts every couple weeks apologizing for the delay and finally got our stuff after 5 months. I've needed other pieces since then and have decided to buy pre owned from Facebook, Nextdoor or garage sales. We live in a huge suburban area and lots of good stuff is available.

Tenasparkl is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Super frustrating! The only companies that I didn't run into problems with when we recently moved & got new furniture were Scandinavian Designs, Levity (chairs and dining chairs) and Thuma (bed frame). Actually we got some stools from Wayfair that delivered ok too. I gave up on almost everything else with the ridiculous delivery dates and fees. I was all set to buy a cute vanity/desk for my office from West Elm and the delivery fees for just that one item were ridiculous.

Globetrotter is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Ugh. Sorry to hear but about all the delays. I would actually be okay with a delay at this point. I am annoyed that they canceled the order altogether! I’m Looking for a comfortable high back chair, which is hard to find, And after previous experiences I really wanted to see them in person. They don’t have anything similar..