Thread: Stupid Covid

KpbS is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Default Stupid Covid

We have thankfully avoided Covid up to this point when DD woke up with a sore throat. I had her go to both swim and basketball practices and just had to call those families and apologize to them for the exposure.
    Thankfully it was a small bball practice, but I feel so bad. DD is vaccinated and those DC aren’t. Sigh.

She has been sick over a dozen times during the last 2 years and has never ever tested positive. I probably wouldn’t have even tested her tonight except DH came home and needed to lie down.
    Praying the remaining 3 of us stay healthy and DS can go to camp on Sunday.
    K

Quote Originally Posted by KpbS View Post
    We have thankfully avoided Covid up to this point when DD woke up with a sore throat. I had her go to both swim and basketball practices and just had to call those families and apologize to them for the exposure.
    Thankfully it was a small bball practice, but I feel so bad. DD is vaccinated and those DC aren’t. Sigh.

She has been sick over a dozen times during the last 2 years and has never ever tested positive. I probably wouldn’t have even tested her tonight except DH came home and needed to lie down.
    Praying the remaining 3 of us stay healthy and DS can go to camp on Sunday.
    Sorry to hear you guys got it. Anyone who isn’t vaccinated has probably had Covid already…more than once.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    DD (3/06)
    DS1 (7/09)
    DS2 (8/13)

wendibird22 is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

So sorry. Hope everyone is feeling better soon. I am convinced that everyone will get covid if you leave the house and engage in any public life, vaccinated or not. I agree that the unvaxed teammates/friends have probably already had it and likely aren't concerned about getting it. I wouldn't feel too badly. At this point I just assume everywhere we go we are potentially exposed. With allergies, colds, flu, etc there's just a lot of germs going around and you can't know right away what is what.
    Mom to two amazing DDs ('07 & '09) and a fur baby.

Gluten free since Nov '11 after non-celiac gluten sensitive diagnosis. Have had great improvement or total elimination of: migraines, bloating/distention, heartburn, cystic acne, canker sores, bleeding gums, eczema on elbows, dry skin and scalp, muscle cramps, PMS, hair loss, heart palpitations, fatigue. I'm amazed.

bisous is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Oh no! That sounds so familiar to me. We've tested SO many times and never had a positive test. I honestly started wondering if the home tests even worked. Until they did for our family this weekend. I hope the 3 of you are able to stay healthy. We've been strictly quarantining at home but I think the exposure might have happened too early and one of my DSs just moved over to the positive side of the house this morning.