Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    jgenie is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Default How many pizzas?

I’m out of practice! Nine 12 - 14 yo boys mostly. How many pizzas should I order? I’m having sliced watermelon, bags of chips, ice cream sandwiches, cookies and juice boxes. Is that enough food?

SnuggleBuggles is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

I’d order 3 larges. Probably 2 plain, 1 pepperoni but you could flip flop those too.

Sent from my iPhone using Baby Bargains

klwa is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Are people other than the boys eating off the pizza? If so, I'd add one more than Snuggle listed. Other than that, sounds good!
    -Kris
    DS (9/05)
    DD (8/08)
    DD (9/12)

o_mom is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

3 or 4 large. Leftover pizza will get eaten here, so having extra is not a problem.
    Mama to three boys ('03, '05, '07)

khm is offline Ruby level (4000+ posts)

I'd do 4. Cheese, sausage and 2 pepperoni.

I would do 4 - 2 cheese and 2 pepperoni. Some boys can eat a lot!
    Mommy to 2 DS's (2003 and 2007)

Probably 4 since you'd rather have too much than too little. I'd get 1 pepperoni, 1 pepperoni and sausage and 2 cheese but that combo may depend on different groups.
    Mom to Two Wild and Crazy Boys and One Sweet Baby Girl

KpbS is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Yes, plenty of food.
    K

California is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

We've gotten Costco pizza regularly for events for years. Knowing how much to get was always a challenge for me too! Costco is 12 slices per pizza. My mom, apparently a pizza party guru after raising four kids, told me to get 3 slices per teen, 2 slices per kid, 2 1/2 per adult (if mostly adult women, we're usually good with two slices per adult.) With this ratio we always have some left over and we never run out. Lately I've been getting just cheese for teens/kids as that is always the most popular.

So in your case 9x3= 27, three Costco sized pizzas (36 slices) would be enough. You'd have to change the math a bit depending on the sizes of the pizzas you get. And extra pizza is never a bad thing!

Quote Originally Posted by California View Post
    We've gotten Costco pizza regularly for events for years. Knowing how much to get was always a challenge for me too! Costco is 12 slices per pizza. My mom, apparently a pizza party guru after raising four kids, told me to get 3 slices per teen, 2 slices per kid, 2 1/2 per adult (if mostly adult women, we're usually good with two slices per adult.) With this ratio we always have some left over and we never run out. Lately I've been getting just cheese for teens/kids as that is always the most popular.

So in your case 9x3= 27, three Costco sized pizzas (36 slices) would be enough. You'd have to change the math a bit depending on the sizes of the pizzas you get. And extra pizza is never a bad thing!
    Yes, if it's Costco sized pizza then 3 would be enough. Smaller pizza, I'd get 4.
    Mommy to 2 DS's (2003 and 2007)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast