Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: book club...

niccig is offline Clean Sweep forum moderator

Default book club...

I’m in a book club through the local library. We meet in zoom now. We had an older member, who used to be a teacher, and she would bring the conversation back to the book as soon as we started off. You need someone like that. We find any questions that we can about the book to guide the discussion. Chatting is for after we’ve finished discussing the book. I think you need some ground rules laying out the discussion

Sent from my iPhone using Baby Bargains

firstbaby is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

I am in a book club that I adore, but we had to work out a couple of quirks: whoever hosts is responsible for finding discussion questions and facilitating discussion with at least 3-4 of the questions; second, we get together monthly but build in 3 months we would get together without a book selection - it is social time only.

Would you be comfortable messaging through whatever platform you use to communicate with the group and say you sway toward “book club purist” or “rule follower” and would love a blend of book talk and social time since discussing your reads with friends fills your cup, etc and could we do x,y, or z to build in more of a discussion framework? Maybe even find an ally ahead of your message who could chime in they want discussion too or some variation? Maybe you bring a book suggestion about self awareness to the group too for your friend who will never read it ��

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2