Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    khm is offline Ruby level (4000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by dogmom View Post
    I just spit put my drink. I don’t get it. That is WAY to complicated. Is that part of the appeal? I don’t get the Rothy’s cult.
    Lol, I was thinking the same thing!

AnnieW625 is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

Default Rothy's Archive sale live

Quote Originally Posted by twowhat? View Post
    If your foot is at all on the wide side, even slightly, or you have any bunion at all, I’d get the full size up in flats or squares bc it’s a lot easier to fix “too big” with a thicker insole or heel pads. Too small can’t be fixed…
    My street shoe size varies from 9.5 wide to 10 wide and I have some small bunions (or 10B if the shoe runs wide) and I have now decided that I like my flats in a size 11. My 10.5s are okay but I wish they were 11s. My 10.5 points are okay for short term wear but they should be an 11 or an 11.5.

I haven’t ordered anything yet. I missed out on the size 11s in the flats. There is still a 10.5 flat in the pomegranate pop flat and tbh they could be fine and at $65 they are a bargain but I am not sure I want to chance it….plus they are still on the site now they may not sell if I decide I need to sell them so I may end up taking a loss on them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Annie
    WOHM to two wonderful little girls born in April
    DD E, 17
    DD L, 13,
    baby 2, 4-2009 (our Tri-18 baby)

dogmom is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by AnnieW625 View Post
    Yea their sizing is crazy. Shoes are super comfy but yes they do get a bit cultish.

Are they really? I’m staring at two women in the train platform with them. They both have the pointed toe took, which I instinctively reject any shoe that doesn’t have a wide toe box do to my profession and looking at too many old women feet. They look like they have to fit perfectly to stay in your feet. I also just keep looking at the back of the heel and I’m already imaging the blister there. Right, and arch support? I assume there is none? I just don’t see how the can’t squish my metatarsals and rub my Achilles’ tendon. Also in real life I’ve only seen then on thin people with narrow feet. I assume that they are great for the people that love them, but it seems so niche.
    Last edited by dogmom; 06-17-2022 at 07:19 AM.

twowhat? is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by AnnieW625 View Post
    My street shoe size varies from 9.5 wide to 10 wide and I have some small bunions (or 10B if the shoe runs wide) and I have now decided that I like my flats in a size 11. My 10.5s are okay but I wish they were 11s. My 10.5 points are okay for short term wear but they should be an 11 or an 11.5.

I haven’t ordered anything yet. I missed out on the size 11s in the flats. There is still a 10.5 flat in the pomegranate pop flat and tbh they could be fine and at $65 they are a bargain but I am not sure I want to chance it….plus they are still on the site now they may not sell if I decide I need to sell them so I may end up taking a loss on them.

I wouldn't chance it, in your situation. It sounds like you really need an 11 and $65 isn't a bargain if it's likely to be too small.

Are they really? I’m staring at two women in the train platform with them. They both have the pointed toe took, which I instinctively reject any shoe that doesn’t have a wide toe box do to my profession and looking at too many old women feet. They look like they have to fit perfectly to stay in your feet. I also just keep looking at the back of the heel and I’m already imaging the blister there. Right, and arch support? I assume there is none? I just don’t see how the can’t squish my metatarsals and rub my Achilles’ tendon. Also in real life I’ve only seen then on thin people with narrow feet. I assume that they are great for the people that love them, but it seems so niche.
    Rothy's are the only pointed-toed shoes I can wear! I cannot wear heels, so these are the next best thing for me. I acknowledge that they won't work for everyone, but in the right size (admitting that there are some feet that are just impossible to get "the right size" for), they are shockingly comfortable because of the knit construction. The way to wear the Points is to get a large enough size that your toes don't squish all the way into the toe box and actually sit at the widest point of the ball of the shoe, with empty space in front of the toes. The back heel will rub if the shoe is too small (cuts in) or too big (rubs) which is why size is such a PITA. There is NO arch support - these aren't shoes to wear for EU vacations or Disney World! Though I've seen plenty of people do that...they must have feet that don't need arch support. My feet actually do better without arch support so they work well for me and I can wear the loafers and sneakers even with a lot of walking (large medical conferences where you routinely walk 18K steps each day). The Points I can't wear for that kind of walking, but for office-based work they're great.

Default Rothy's Archive sale live

I have really wide feet (w/a high instep) and suffer at times from plantar fasciitis and I can wear Rothy’s. Truthfully almost four years go when the PF was awful I decided to try Rothy’s points and they were the first flat work shoes I had been able to wear in 6 months. Yes they are 1000% flat inside but they are still comfortable. I wear a 3/4 Vionic orthotic with my flats now as well (I haven’t tried with my points honestly). I too thought they only worked on people with narrow feet. I have since found out that I need at least a size up from my original point size (because despite claims they are 100% washable in cold water a pair of mine shrunk the tiniest bit when I had to wash them and stretching made the tips look funny) because I probably bought them at least 1/2 size to small.

Flats with insole (again I have since decided to size up but the flats are still a little more forgiving if you are truly worried about a wide toe box)
    Last edited by AnnieW625; 06-17-2022 at 10:39 AM.
    Annie
    DD E, 17
    DD L, 13,

Tenasparkl is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

I took a chance on some Rothy's last week because a color I like popped up in a size that I though could work in two different styles. I was worried they were too small, but they ended up being perfect. I had some shoes in my cart for the archive sale and now I need to adjust sizes because I would've ordered too large.

FINE! I will enter your cult.
    Here is a $20 off code to anyone: PM are, because apparently my name is in the link, sigh
    I think it’s only good for one person?
    Got these in a size 10. Debated for up another 1/2 size, but I really measure a 8.5, often get 9’s, sometimes 9 1/2 for running shoes. But a I like my shoes tighter so I went with a 10.
    Got these:
    The Square in pomegranate gingham
    https://rothys.com/products/the-squa...ranate-gingham
    And
    The point in a cure blue/green/lilac color. Not sure how that’s called sugared berry

https://rothys.com/products/the-point-sugared-berry

Will report back.
    Last edited by dogmom; 06-21-2022 at 08:06 PM.

jgenie is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

FINE! I will enter your cult.
    Here is a $20 off code to anyone: https://share.rothys.com/x/07y5Wd
    I think it’s only good for one person?
    Got these in a size 10. Debated for up another 1/2 size, but I really measure a 8.5, often get 9’s, sometimes 9 1/2 for running shoes. But a I like my shoes tighter so I went with a 10.
    Got these:
    The Square in pomegranate gingham
    https://rothys.com/products/the-squa...ranate-gingham
    And
    The point in a cure blue/green/lilac color. Not sure how that’s called sugared berry

https://rothys.com/products/the-point-sugared-berry

Will report back.
    You went all in!!

Quote Originally Posted by jgenie View Post
    You went all in!!
    La-la-la-la. I’m not listening to you all.

No the code is good for multiple people! You want multiple people to use it because then you get more $20 off credit for your future purchases.

If for some reason these don’t work for you can sell them on Poshmark, Mercari, or a FB group.

Keep the shoe forms in the shoes when you aren’t wearing them……I didn’t think to do that but apparently that works to keep your shoes from staying the right size. Also keep them out of the sun or high temps (don’t leave them in a hot car) because people say that heat shrinks them (I haven’t had that problem, but it is a thing). Oh and if you don’t want to be tempted to buy more if you do like them stay off the FB group called Rothy’s Addicts (but if you need to sell that is a great place to sell).

Hope you enjoy your shoes!

Annie
    DD E, 17
    DD L, 13,

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast