daisyd is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Default Toronto downtown area: places to stay

I will be in Toronto for a conference at the downtown convention center. I'll be alone and spending 4 nights and 5 days with most of the time spent at the convention center. I'm wondering if I should plan to stay in a hotel downtown or nearby? Most places downtown seem expensive and I get a very limited travel allowance. Would I have better luck for an affordable place with air B&B? TIA!

Staying downtown would be ideal, but yes, hotels downtown are very expensive. There are many Airbnbs in the area, though I'm not sure how much cheaper they will be. If you do book an Airbnb, make sure they include a City of Toronto registration number.

Toronto has rules for short-term rentals: https://www.toronto.ca/community-peo...-term-rentals/
    - Short-term rentals must be registered in the City of Toronto.
    - When booking a short-term rental in Toronto, check to make sure that the City issued registration number (in the format: STR-0000-XXXXXX) is included in the listing or advertisement. Do not rent short-term rentals that do not display this registration number.

Kindra178 is online now Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Due to the conference, I would book a convention hotel with very easy access to the convention center. It just makes your day to day so much easier and will allow time in the am for you to relax or work out.

Sent from my iPhone using Baby Bargains

SnuggleBuggles is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by Kindra178 View Post
    Due to the conference, I would book a convention hotel with very easy access to the convention center. It just makes your day to day so much easier and will allow time in the am for you to relax or work out.

100% agree. Being able to easily retreat to your room during a conference is worth paying for.

I stayed at the hotel where my conference was also held at. Priceless! I had pockets of time in between the sessions I signed up for to escape for a quick nap, workout or a swim.

We often went out to dinner downtown in groups most evenings, so it still worked out well as it was only an Uber ride away.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Mummy to DS1-6/11 and DS2-1/14

daisyd is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Thanks all for weighing in! I'll go with the convention hotel for the convenience aspect