Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    essnce629 is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by carolinacool View Post
    So now, basketball is done and we're back form the cruise -- with COVID! lol And things slow way down.
    Ahh, I hope symptoms are mild and that everyone recovers quickly. My in-laws just returned from Rwanda and both tested positive the day after they got home. And my mom's best friends both tested positive on return from their Mexico trip last week. We just returned from a 5 day volleyball tournament in Vegas, but so far so good.

Sent from my SM-A526U1 using Tapatalk
    Latia (Birth & Postpartum Doula and Infant Nanny)
    Conner 8/19/03 (My 1st home birthed water baby!)
    Parker 5/23/09 (My 2nd home birthed water baby!)

Thanks! It's the first time any of us three have had it, and I knew our luck had to end at some point. lol DS and I are fine. DH unfortunately has lost his taste and smell, so I hope they return soon. We were in a group of 23 on the cruise, but AFAIK, only one other person has said they tested positive.

Silver linings: We all got it at the same time, so we aren't trying to stay isolated from each other. We got through the school year, basketball season and the cruise. We should have more immunity to get us through the summer.
    DS: Raising heck since 12/09

Default Summer rhythms...What is working for you?

This was our first kind of regular summer week (and we are out of town Wednesday through Sunday of next week), but I have decided I will make it a priority to do at least one thing individually with each kid each week. It should be fairly easy since DH is home a lot of days (working very part time and taking 1 online class this summer) and my parents are also around. So they will also each get some 1 on 1 time with either dad or grandparents each week too.

Today I dropped DS off at my parents while DH was at his PT appointment. Then I took DD with me to my office for a while to hang out while I cleaned/de cluttered my office some. She is too little for me to get real work done with her there, but I was able to do this. I have an extra table where she colored and did some little cutting craft things. And in the middle of the day we took a break and went ice skating at the rink next to my office.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    DS 2/14
    DD 8/17

My kids went to summer school which was fantastic for all of us. 2 of the 3 of them LOVED it and were sad to miss it the week we were at the beach. The third didn't actually complain about going but wasn't like "oh I can't wait for summer school tomorrow!" like the other two. (Weirdos . To be fair though, the school does a fantastic job making summer school fun...they fly drones and make stuff and do a ton of projects and awesome things that they don't get to do as much during the regular school year.)

I started two new jobs this summer so my other strategy is working and letting my awesome mom deal with the kids however she wants to do that. Since this is their first week of summer not in school though, I suspect they will spend a lot of time vegging out. (Literally their regular school year ended on a Thursday and the following week summer school started.) Today they haven't really moved much from couches/beds/electronics but they also haven't been arguing or making messes so I'm fine with it.

We still have evenings with baseball, soccer, and volleyball so daytime adventures will be pretty limited this summer besides our subdivision pool and trips.
    Angie

Mom to
    DD- 9/09-9/09
    DS- 2011 DS2- 2012 DS3- 2015 DD-2019

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2