Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    bcafe is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Thank you for the diaper bank link. I had no idea this was a thing and am looking deeper into this. Regardless of the SC decision, this is just a great idea overall and can help so many families.

sariana is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Get Out The Vote campaigns. The only way to change things is for people to actually vote, especially young people. Convince young people that voting for people who promise to cancel their student loans may NOT be the wisest course of action regarding their future. (Or weed decriminalization or whatever.) Look at what Stacey Abrams did it Georgia for inspiration.
    DS '04 "Boogaboo"
    DD '08 "Lilybear"

lizzywednesday is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by sariana View Post
    Get Out The Vote campaigns. The only way to change things is for people to actually vote, especially young people. ...
    I've been really interested in both When We All Vote and Vote Forward.

Vote Forward has folks across the country "adopt" registered-but-not-necessarily-active voters in the country, and write them personal letters about the importance of voting.

And while you're writing and organizing, seek out resources like 5 Calls and ResistBot to keep the energy moving.

You can also send free faxes to Congress through FaxZero; it helps me blow of steam.

Our civic responsibilities don't end in the voting booth; we have the right to peaceful assembly and to petition Congress to fix things.
    ==========================================
    Liz
    DD (3/2010)

"Make mistakes! Get messy!" - Miss Frizzle

gatorsmom is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by California View Post
    Only caution on this is that some of the organizations providing free baby supplies are actually anti-choice groups funded by conservative religions groups that have a strong anti-choice message for vulnerable young pregnant women. (Junior League sounds like a great option!)
    Yes, these peaceful groups are encouraging women not to end the lives of their unborn babies but to give birth and give them up for adoption or how to seek resources to provide for their babies. You call it anti-choice but some of us who work for these feel the focus should be on allowing the unborn to live, not die. I’m not sure why that’s such a bad thing to support.
    " I object to violence because when it appears to do good, the good is only temporary; the evil it does is permanent." Mahatma Gandhi

"This is the ultimate weakness of violence: It multiplies evil and violence in the universe. It doesn't solve any problems." Martin Luther King, Jr.

sariana is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by gatorsmom View Post
    Yes, these peaceful groups are encouraging women not to end the lives of their unborn babies but to give birth and give them up for adoption or how to seek resources to provide for their babies. You call it anti-choice but some of us who work for these feel the focus should be on allowing the unborn to live, not die. I’m not sure why that’s such a bad thing to support.
    It’s not a bad thing to support as long as that’s what the person intended to support. Some people are looking for organizations to support those for whom a pregnancy is not the best option, for various reasons. Adoption is great and should be supported and encouraged. It is not helpful for a pregnant person who will lose months of their life because of a high-risk pregnancy or because of trauma (rape or other) or because of a lack of workplace laws or other. It is not helpful for a young person whose body simply isn’t ready to support a pregnancy. It isn’t helpful for many others whose circumstances are very different from the stereotypical “irresponsible” person who “got pregnant” and now should suffer.
    DS '04 "Boogaboo"
    DD '08 "Lilybear"

California is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by gatorsmom View Post
    I believe this thread is intended for those who do not support forced-birth or laws limiting women's bodily autonomy and rights. You may not like what you read here as it does not match your religious convictions.

Quote Originally Posted by California View Post
    I believe this thread is intended for those who do not support forced-birth or laws limiting women's bodily autonomy and rights. You may not like what you read here as it does not match your religious convictions.
    Damn. Support is only one way now?

California is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by jgenie View Post
    In light of yesterday’s overturn of Roe, where should we focus our donations for the most impact? Abortion access funds? Political campaigns in states possible to flip? Somewhere else?
    Think the OP was clear on what she was looking for and has gotten some good answers.

Perhaps so, but that doesn't negate your unsavory response.

AnnieW625 is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by bcafe View Post
    Perhaps so, but that doesn't negate your unsavory response.
    I agree with this. Everyone here should have the ability to participate in this post because deep down it is about choice.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Annie
    WOHM to two wonderful little girls born in April
    DD E, 17
    DD L, 13,
    baby 2, 4-2009 (our Tri-18 baby)

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast