Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Carpet

Kindra178 is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by 3isEnough View Post
    We have carpet in our bedrooms only (wood floors everywhere else) and it’s held up great, I have zero complaints. It was chosen by my designer 8 years ago and is a looped Berber kind of thing (so has a bit of high/low to it, which I think hides stains and wear) and is in a medium tone grey. We have a golden retriever who seemingly sheds a full coat everyday and 2 cats who occasionally throw up on the carpet and you’d never know, there aren’t any lasting stains. My husband cleans it once/year with a home Bissell cleaner and it looks almost as good as the day we installed it. In my bedroom we have a main walk-through path (to get to closet/bathroom) and I just moved a bench this morning that’s at the end of my bed with pristine carpet beneath it and the walk-through path and pristine carpet look almost exactly the same. Have I sold you yet lol?
    Can you send me a pic? Ty!

Sent from my iPhone using Baby Bargains

3isEnough is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by Kindra178 View Post
    Can you send me a pic? Ty!

Sent from my iPhone using Baby Bargains
    Sure! I have guys working in my bathroom today (which is why I moved the bench) but will try to take a pic later. This is the carpet I have, the pics don't do it justice: https://shawfloors.com/flooring/carp...e-5e328/fossil

wendibird22 is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

We replaced all of our carpeting in Oct '21. Costs were going up and supply shortages abound and have only gotten worse since. We were originally supposed to have it installed in early August but it didn't come in for 2 more months and it wasn't even a special order...we selected from a colorway and brand that they maintain in stock.

Our previous carpet was berber. One was a patterned berber and held up very well and we liked the texture and color variation and the pattern lent to it wearing well. The stairs and upstairs was a standard berber and didn't wear nearly as well.

We replaced it with a stain resistant plush and I LOVE LOVE LOVE how it feels under your feet. One leans beige and one leans grey but both have a lot of variation of color and go with just about anything. We bought a high quality pad for underneath and the stain resistance is built into the fiber instead of being applied to the fibers. This makes it far more stain resistant and longer wearing. Ours is Mohawk Smartstrand.
    Mom to two amazing DDs ('07 & '09) and a fur baby.

Gluten free since Nov '11 after non-celiac gluten sensitive diagnosis. Have had great improvement or total elimination of: migraines, bloating/distention, heartburn, cystic acne, canker sores, bleeding gums, eczema on elbows, dry skin and scalp, muscle cramps, PMS, hair loss, heart palpitations, fatigue. I'm amazed.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2