jgenie is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Default If you use a crossbody bag regularly, do you find it ruins your clothes?

I had noticed that my shirts were pilling after using my Tom Bihn crossbody bag. I chalked it up to the canvas and only wear it with certain tops that are already pilling so it won’t do the same to other shirts. I just used a Lo & Sons Pearl crossbody on a trip and I realized all of my dresses now have pilling at the hip from my bag. Has anyone carried a crossbody that doesn’t cause pilling on clothes? If so, what brand / material is it? Thank you!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Baby Bargains
    Last edited by jgenie; 06-26-2022 at 06:51 AM.

SnuggleBuggles is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

Default If you use a crossbody bag regularly, do you find it ruins your clothes?

I only use one when traveling and it’s a Baggalini. Haven’t noticed anything
    Eta- Oops! Missed the “regularly”! I used to use them more. My other one is a Sherpani. Never noticed anything with it.

Sent from my iPhone using Baby Bargains
    Last edited by SnuggleBuggles; 06-26-2022 at 06:59 AM.

wendibird22 is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Hmmm not that I’ve never noticed. I carry MZ Wallace bags. They are Bedford nylon and recycled quilted nylon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Mom to two amazing DDs ('07 & '09) and a fur baby.

Gluten free since Nov '11 after non-celiac gluten sensitive diagnosis. Have had great improvement or total elimination of: migraines, bloating/distention, heartburn, cystic acne, canker sores, bleeding gums, eczema on elbows, dry skin and scalp, muscle cramps, PMS, hair loss, heart palpitations, fatigue. I'm amazed.

NCGrandma is online now Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Now that you mention it … I’ve noticed that most of my shirts develop a very small hole near the collar, just on the right side. Not bad enough to stop wearing them, but puzzling. I think you solved the mystery! But no pilling or other damage.

I only use crossbody bags. My current daily bag is an eBags soft denim-type fabric. Travel bags are Travelon nylon-type fabric.

Sent from my iPad using Baby Bargains

liz is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Yes! I bought a baggalini a few years ago and it definitely ruined a cute top (slub cotton fabric). The pilling was very noticable. I LOVED the purse but returned it thinking it might ruin other clothing. I only wear crossbody purses, so I was bummed the bag didn't work out. I do have a Travelon bag that I really like, but am still on the lookout for something "cuter", a print etc.

Melaine is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

I wear a Sash Bag crossbody 100% of the time when out of the house and haven’t had this happen.

khm is offline Ruby level (4000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by liz View Post
    Yes! I bought a baggalini a few years ago and it definitely ruined a cute top (slub cotton fabric). The pilling was very noticable. I LOVED the purse but returned it thinking it might ruin other clothing. I only wear crossbody purses, so I was bummed the bag didn't work out. I do have a Travelon bag that I really like, but am still on the lookout for something "cuter", a print etc.
    I love slub cotton shirts, but almost all of the ones I've bought have a terribly short lifespan. For me, they get holes in the bottom front, I suppose from leaning on counters, the lap part of seatbelts, and the corners of the fly of my jeans. It's incessant! I found these adorable plain tees that fit me so well and were a great price! So, naturally, I bought multiple multiple colors. Every last one of them got holes in the front. grrrr.

liz is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

ETA, I should have stated in my OP that I think it was the strap itself that was the problem on the baggalini. It was made of a thick, durable material that just kept moving over my chest. Similar to a seatbelt. The pilling was so noticable (over my boobs of course ) I never wore the shirt again. And it was so cute! I was sad about that shirt, I still think about it from time to time lol