gatorsmom is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

Default Need recommendations for dependable tent patch kit

Dh and Ds3 camped with their BS troop this past week and somehow one of the kids was running around with a stick and put a hole in my new tent. It happens, I get it. But I’ve only slept in that tent a few times and want it to last.

I was told not all tent patch kits are equal and to make sure to buy a good one. Can anyone here recommend one? Dd will have camp with her troop in a month and I’ll need to have it done by then so I do have some time. But I just want to get it patched up and ready to go.

Any suggestions?
    " I object to violence because when it appears to do good, the good is only temporary; the evil it does is permanent." Mahatma Gandhi

"This is the ultimate weakness of violence: It multiplies evil and violence in the universe. It doesn't solve any problems." Martin Luther King, Jr.

o_mom is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

I used a Gear Aid product from REI on a tent at least 4 years ago and it has held up fine. I think it was just the tape version.

Go to your local REI (or camping) store. Ask what they recommend for the conditions you will use the tent. (e.g. I have to worry about adhesives sticking when it is so dry, whereas you have to make sure it is really super waterproof)
    Mom to:
    DS '02
    DS '05
    Percy--the wild furry child!!! 2022----
    Simon--the first King Charles cutie 2009-2022
    RIP Andy, the furry first child, 1996-2012

"The task of any religion is not to tell us who we are entitled to hate but to teach us who we are required to love."

trales is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

I bought whatever the guy at EMS told me to buy and it's held up for years and survived a small hurricane while camping in Acadia.
    Tracey

DD1 3/07 Itching to take over the universe.
    DD2 1/14 My mellow little snuggler.