Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Yikes!!

jgenie is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Default Yikes!!

I cannot believe I thought it was a good idea to schedule guests arriving days after we return from vacation!! My house is an absolute disaster!! I want to cry as I look around. So much to do and no time to get it done. Yikes!!! I welcome any mojo you can spare!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Baby Bargains

Ugh, that is no fun! Sending you good mojo.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    DS 2/14
    DD 8/17

Kestrel is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Child and spouse help! Make sure everyone is working, don't try to do it all yourself!

liz is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Just chuck everything in your room, or any unused room, and keep the door closed. I might have some experience with this... Good luck!

bisous is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Well, maybe you were thinking that this way you'll have to whip your house into shape quick? I can't imagine that it is as bad as you think! I bet your house only looks messy to you. Here's hoping you get things to a place where you feel comfortable AND you get a chance to relax a little bit with your guests!

KpbS is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

I can sympathize. I seem to do this same type of thing too often myself. I've been procrastinating texting a friends in case she has changed her mind about coming to visit.
    K

jgenie is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Thanks all!! We’re still jet lagged here and I was seeing things through that lens. We went to sleep at 9:00 last night and we were up at 5:30. We hit the ground running and made lots of progress. Still quite a bit to do but it doesn’t seem as daunting!

khm is offline Ruby level (4000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by jgenie View Post
    Thanks all!! We’re still jet lagged here and I was seeing things through that lens. We went to sleep at 9:00 last night and we were up at 5:30. We hit the ground running and made lots of progress. Still quite a bit to do but it doesn’t seem as daunting!

Your house really, really doesn't need to look like a Pinterest photo. As soon as your guests set their stuff down, your house will be "messy" all over again. Please don't stress, friends/family really don't care about this to the degree we think they do when you are staring down their arrival date. They are happy to see YOU. Enjoy your time with the people, don't stress the backdrop.

SnuggleBuggles is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

Just make it “not gross” and you’ll be fine!

bisous is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by SnuggleBuggles View Post
    Just make it “not gross” and you’ll be fine!

Along these lines, I remember reading once that the only rooms people really notice are "dirty" are bathrooms. Concentrate on getting those immaculate and people are less likely to see that shelves should have been dusted or the entry way mopped! OP, sounds like you've got things in hand.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast