Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6
    o_mom is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by lizzywednesday View Post
    THOWEVER, the story Quint tells about surviving the wreck of the USS Indianapolis is positively chilling.
    If you ever make it to Indy, I would recommend visiting the USS Indianapolis memorial. It is a small memorial, but I found it very moving.
    Mama to three boys ('03, '05, '07)

lizzywednesday is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by o_mom View Post
    If you ever make it to Indy, I would recommend visiting the USS Indianapolis memorial. It is a small memorial, but I found it very moving.
    Most small memorials have a larger impact than the flashier ones, in my opinion. I think this is part of the reason I'm drawn to historic cemeteries (the other part is because a historic cemetery in my hometown is one of my happy places, thanks to my dad taking me there many times when I was a little girl.)
    ==========================================
    Liz
    DD (3/2010)

"Make mistakes! Get messy!" - Miss Frizzle

lizzywednesday is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by elbenn View Post
    How about Field of Dreams? Anyone watched that one lately? Does it still hold up?
    I don't remember a lot in it that wouldn't age well, but I haven't watched it lately. It might make an interesting double bill with Eight Men Out, especially since the MLB Field of Dreams game was played earlier this week, but I think Eight Men Out is grittier than OP likes to watch herself and absolutely not something I would watch with kids unless I'd re-watched it recently.

The only baseball movie I've seen more than once is A League of Their Own, which I love deeply and passionately for reasons ranging from the time it was released to the kinds of "lesser-known" history that we don't learn about until we're older.
    ==========================================
    Liz
    DD (3/2010)

"Make mistakes! Get messy!" - Miss Frizzle

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6