Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6
    nfceagles is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Maybe you can use your refundable flight to get paid $$$ if your original flight is overbooked.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SnuggleBuggles is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by carolinamama View Post
    If you are able to make a back up plan, it’s not a bad idea. In fact, it’s a good one if you ask me. We are currently in London trying to get to Germany after our flight was cancelled. BA can’t get us on a flight to Berlin until Monday evening. Best case scenario right now - we get to a different city in a Germany late tonight and take a 3 hour train tomorrow to Berlin. Hopefully we can find a hotel for the night there. Since we would rather get there earlier, other than the flights to the wrong place, we are paying for all these changes so a back up wouldn’t be a big deal. We are definitely losing a day of activities because our travel time has been impacted. We are trying to make the best of it and took the train into London but at this point, we are all so tired and can’t wait to actually sleep in a bed. And get to enjoy our planned trip.

Good Luck! I know families that have traveled without any trouble but I can also attest that it’s crazy out here so who knows right now.
    Oh no! Our friends have been having a super hard time getting to Paris via BA. They are currently also stuck in London and BA has been zero help.

Sent from my iPhone using Baby Bargains

SnuggleBuggles is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

Our flights went super smoothly today! Good luck, OP!

AnnieW625 is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by SnuggleBuggles View Post
    Our flights went super smoothly today! Good luck, OP!

Yay!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Annie
    WOHM to two wonderful little girls born in April
    DD E, 17
    DD L, 13,
    baby 2, 4-2009 (our Tri-18 baby)

LD92599 is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Basil - I hope your cruise isn't on the Royal Caribbean ship that I just read has engine issues and shortened ports, skipping ports! Thought of you!!!!
    Last edited by LD92599; 07-08-2022 at 01:18 PM.

Gracemom is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

I never would have thought about booking backup flights but I think it's really smart if you can swing it. We have 2 different families in our circle whose flights were cancelled and rescheduled 2-3 days after the original flight. It would have made them miss prepaid all inclusive trips that they could not reschedule due to work. Each family had to spend hours online and on the phone to find alternatives and still arrived a day late for their trips.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6