On Tuesday evening I met with two friends- while we ate outdoors, we rode in the car together without masks and sat in the car talking for a long time afterwards. Yesterday, Wednesday, she found out that her infant grandson has Covid and she was with him the entire weekend… He had a fever but is fine now. For some crazy reason, it took almost a week to get the results back (!) but he tested positive last Thursday. My friend tested negative on the rapid test this morning, and she had her second booster end of May and she had Covid itself in April. I imagine she should have strong immunity, no? Would you even consider this an exposure? I know rapid tests are notorious for being unreliable.
The other friend has a large gathering this weekend and is Wondering what to do. She signed up to volunteer at the event serving food. If she goes she will wear a kn95 mask.
I think we will both still test on Saturday evening or Sunday (My DD is coming home for the weekend) and I was planning to wear a mask when I meet my friend for a walk tomorrow, just to be extra cautious. I always mask indoors and I’ve been avoiding indoor dining recently due to the surge.