PunkyBoo is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Default Pls recommend sunscreen stick

I'm hoping to find a sunscreen stick unicorn that meets the following:
    Not greasy
    Noncomedogenic
    No smell
    Doesn't leave white residue/doesn't need to be rubbed in further
    Doesn't cost an arm and a leg (so if my kid loses it at camp I won't be pissed)
    Can purchase at Target or local pharmacy (don't want to wait to order it online)

Does such a thing exist?? I desperately need DS2 to be able to independently cover his face for camp, but he's suddenly acne prone. He already has a sunburn on his nose because he's afraid to put sunscreen on his face for all of those reasons.

Sent from my Pixel 3a XL using Tapatalk

Mama to DS1 Punkin (2/04) and DS2 Boo (1/09)

I like the Badger sticks. They aren’t super white and we never rub them in more on faces. We have other kinds (coppertone, babyganics, etc.) that I also like but they all go on thicker/whiter than the Badger.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    DS 2/14
    DD 8/17

Melbel is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

We were very happy with thinkbaby stick sunscreen in Costa Rica. About $8. It is a physical sunscreen so white, but it rubbed in well (although we are pretty fair complected).

ETA - we have not had any issues with acne using the stick (even for 14 year old).
    Last edited by Melbel; 06-30-2022 at 06:24 PM.

bisous is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

I wonder if any stick will be acne friendly? I know the format is good for kids and teens (mine love it for ease!) but as an acne prone person I can't imagine putting a stick on my nose. Can you do a lotion instead? I have had luck with Neutrogena Dry Touch? It does require more skill to apply but at least it feels good. Neutrogena does make a stick sunscreen that my kids like too. It has no scent and is easy to apply but I'm just not sure about how it would be on acne. Definitely can be purchased at Target and isn't expensive. It does use chemicals that some don't love!

KpbS is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Can you try the Aveno stick?
    K

With the caveat that I'm not super picky about ingredients because I have a chemical allergy and it is hard to avoid that one chemical so if I find something that doesn't have it, I'll use it - we just got back from a 2 week beach vacation and used the Target Up&Up Sport sticks with no bad effects. DS was in the water for hours and re-applied when he came out for lunch and never got burned.

bisous is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

I meant to update this thread! I was just at Target and bought three kinds to try. Sun Bum, Target Up & Up, and Cetaphil. I am excited to try the cetaphil! I love their cleanser.

PunkyBoo is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by bisous View Post
    I meant to update this thread! I was just at Target and bought three kinds to try. Sun Bum, Target Up & Up, and Cetaphil. I am excited to try the cetaphil! I love their cleanser.
    Thank you and other PP's! I went to Target this weekend and bought the Cetaphil one too because it says noncomedogenic on it. He's using it today so we'll see how it goes...

Sent from my Pixel 3a XL using Tapatalk

Mama to DS1 Punkin (2/04) and DS2 Boo (1/09)