Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    AnnieW625 is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

Default WWYD….weekend alone w/out kids and dh?

So my Dh and kids are headed up north on Saturday to see family. Dh drives back on Tuesday. Dd1 is staying with my sister for the week and Dd2 heads off to Wyoming with my in laws and her two cousins. We planned this trip in April and by then I couldn’t get Tuesday 7/5 off so there was no way I could go. Someone cancelled their vacation so I could now get 7/5 off but the local kennel is full so I will be home with the dog.

I have to volunteer on Saturday morning, but have nothing else planned other than to maybe go watch a fireworks show on the 4th. No one else I know has mentioned having a bbq. Fireworks are illegal most places here and a lot of people I know head out to Arizona.

What would you do if you were in my situation?

ETA: will get my toes done at some point. Probably Saturday after volunteering.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by AnnieW625; 06-30-2022 at 02:50 PM.
    Annie
    WOHM to two wonderful little girls born in April
    DD E, 17
    DD L, 13,
    baby 2, 4-2009 (our Tri-18 baby)

basil is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Personally, I'd drive somewhere for a nice long hike. Actually that is what I did the last time I had such a weekend...in December of 2019!
    DS- 8/11
    DD- 5/14

bcafe is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by AnnieW625 View Post
    So my Dh and kids are headed up north on Saturday to see family. Dh drives back on Tuesday. Dd1 is staying with my sister for the week and Dd2 heads off to Wyoming with my in laws and her two cousins. We planned this trip in April and by then I couldn’t get Tuesday 7/5 off so there was no way I could go. Someone cancelled their vacation so I could now get 7/5 off but the local kennel is full so I will be home with the dog.

I have to volunteer on Saturday morning, but have nothing else planned other than to maybe go watch a fireworks show on the 4th. No one else I know has mentioned having a bbq. Fireworks are illegal most places here and a lot of people I know head out to Arizona.

I have no idea, but I am extremely jealous. I have never, ever had that in my whole marriage!

niccig is offline Clean Sweep forum moderator

Default WWYD….weekend alone w/out kids and dh?

Chill and Netflix! It’s so nice to be in the house alone. See if a friend wants to go for brunch. Go get nails done. Just relax for a while, then maybe do a project around the house. That’s what I did when DH and DS went to family over DS’ Spring Break. I also didn’t cook - ate my way through freezer stash of quick meals that DH can’t eat due to new dietary restrictions

Sent from my iPhone using Baby Bargains
    Last edited by niccig; 06-30-2022 at 02:11 PM.

khm is offline Ruby level (4000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by AnnieW625 View Post

Honestly, I'd hunker down in my house and absolutely wallow in the QUIET. I'd organize a few closets with Netflix on in the background. Re-arrange some decor or whatever small "someday I need to...." project I could think of. I'd eat whatever I want, whenever I want. Long dog walks.

But, this is coming from an introvert with a perfectly nice but overly talkative houseguest in addition to the husband / 2 teens. I am jealous of your scenario!

Quote Originally Posted by niccig View Post
    Chill and Netflix! It’s so nice to be in the house alone. See if a friend wants to go for brunch. Go get nails done. Just relax for a while, then maybe do a project around the house. That’s what I did when DH and DS went to family over DS’ Spring Break. I also didn’t cook - ate my way through freezer stash of quick meals that DH can’t eat due to new dietary restrictions

This is what I would do!
    DS 2/14
    DD 8/17

SnuggleBuggles is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

Relaxing at home sounds totally perfect to me!

Ditto everyone else! Enjoy the quiet. Treat yourself to an awesome meal (take out or dine in.) do something that YOU want to do…maybe go to a local museum or see a movie only you want to see or get a massage. I’m also an introvert so the idea of being alone sounds heavenly.
    DD (3/06)
    DS1 (7/09)
    DS2 (8/13)

smilequeen is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Spa day and lots of reading and binge watching (and I’d make sure to exercise and eat things that I might be the only one who likes them)
    Mama to my boys (04,07,11)

ncat is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

I got to do this in April - was wonderful. I made and ordered food that only I like. I cleaned the kids' rooms. I watched TV. Took a long bath.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast