Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    dogmom is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Default Why are people STILL stupid about COVID?

OK, I get we are moving on. But numbers are higher now that a year ago, vaccines less effective and no masks in site. Friend always has a big 4th of July party. Didn’t have one 2020. Did last year when numbers were down and we were all newly vaccinated. Having one this year. Not their biggest. About 20 people. Wife gets Covid 2 days ago. Second time for them this year. Husband and kids not positive, yet? THEY ARE STILL HOLDING PARTY! Wife will stay upstairs. They want a head count. I’m sure they will say it’s outside, but we always wind up inside. My husband looked at me. I was “are they paying our mortgage if I get long haul Covid and can’t work?” What is wrong with people? To be clear, I am not completely isolated. I try to take reasonable risks. But this just is so crazy on the face of it.

jgenie is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

I see the same where I am. Thankfully they told you she’s positive. Many people aren’t testing so they won’t have to isolate.

Quote Originally Posted by jgenie View Post
    I see the same where I am. Thankfully they told you she’s positive. Many people aren’t testing so they won’t have to isolate.
    Yep, no one here has Covid, only “allergies” and “a cold.”

I’m sorry OP. That’s such an asshole move to host a party when someone has Covid. Wtf????
    DD (3/06)
    DS1 (7/09)
    DS2 (8/13)

As DH says, they will cure cancer before they cure stupidity. Thus he will always have a job as an ER MD.
    Mom to:
    DS '02
    DS '05
    Percy--the wild furry child!!! 2022----
    Simon--the first King Charles cutie 2009-2022
    RIP Andy, the furry first child, 1996-2012

"The task of any religion is not to tell us who we are entitled to hate but to teach us who we are required to love."

PZMommy is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by georgiegirl View Post
    Yep, no one here has Covid, only “allergies” and “a cold.”

I’m sorry OP. That’s such an asshole move to host a party when someone has Covid. Wtf????
    This exactly! Now that my district no longer requires testing, students are showing up to summer school sick because it is "just a cold or allergies". Then the teachers and aides are getting sick and testing positive for covid. Then the whole class gets sent home as there are no subs. I can't wait to see how this plays out in a few weeks when we go back to school in the fall.

OP, I'd like to say I'm surprised but I'm not. People here talk about covid in the past tense, even though numbers are worse now than they were a year ago. My family all had covid back in late January, and it was not fun. Despite being vaxed and boosted, I was miserably sick for over 2 weeks. I really don't want to do that again, but I fear once school starts back up, even if my kids and myself wear our masks, it won't be enough. We caught our first round from my son who get it from a sitting near someone outside at lunch. It wasn't even a classmate, so it was definitely from the outside lunch contact.

JustMe is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Thanks for posting this. I came here to post the same, but glad someone beat me to it. There is no good way to be for those of us who would like to be more cautious as there is very little way to continue to do that given how most are going about life.
    lucky single mom to 20 yr old dd and 17 yr old ds through 2 very different adoption routes

klwa is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

*hugs* On Day 9 of Covid today. I knew going to the girls' dance competition in Florida was going to be dangerous for us. But, what I didn't expect was the dad of a teammate to show up the first night we were all there with glassy eyes and a cough and his daughter barely able to talk because of her "asthma attack" that had been going on for several days. I'm just glad I was able to make the drive home before I was so sick I couldn't stand up for 24 hours.
    -Kris
    DS (9/05)
    DD (8/08)
    DD (9/12)

doberbrat is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Today was my last day of summer school. The kids at the table I primarily sit at have been sneezing, coughing etc for 2 weeks - 2 have a nasty sounding cough. No masks, no covering up their cough, no testing. Guess what I now have. Blinding positive - it turned positive before the control even showed up. awesome! Just in time to see my elderly relatives.
    dd1 10/05
    dd2 11/09
    and ... a mini poodle!

I'm sorry. I hope you it's mild for you and that you feel better soon.

It is SO HARD right now for people like our family who are still Covid-ing. Everyone has basically just given up.
    DS1 2006
    DS2 2009

essnce629 is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by doberbrat View Post
    Today was my last day of summer school. The kids at the table I primarily sit at have been sneezing, coughing etc for 2 weeks - 2 have a nasty sounding cough. No masks, no covering up their cough, no testing. Guess what I now have. Blinding positive - it turned positive before the control even showed up. awesome! Just in time to see my elderly relatives.
    I'm so sorry. I hope it's mild.

DS2 got covid 3 weeks ago at his 4 day volleyball tournament in Vegas and DH just tested positive yesterday after returning from a 4 day work event in Chicago. His work event had the entire company, hundreds of people, indoors for hours each day with no masks in sight. I have no idea why DH didn't wear his KN95 masks just like we did in Vegas (DS2 only wore a surgical mask). He had a voicemail from his boss when he landed yesterday that she was positive. He tested the minute he walked in the door and it was also a blaring positive. Several other employees have tested positive as well. We're supposed to leave for Cancun in 8 days!

Sent from my SM-A526U1 using Tapatalk
    Latia (Birth & Postpartum Doula and Infant Nanny)
    Conner 8/19/03 (My 1st home birthed water baby!)
    Parker 5/23/09 (My 2nd home birthed water baby!)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast