Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    PZMommy is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by doberbrat View Post
    Today was my last day of summer school. The kids at the table I primarily sit at have been sneezing, coughing etc for 2 weeks - 2 have a nasty sounding cough. No masks, no covering up their cough, no testing. Guess what I now have. Blinding positive - it turned positive before the control even showed up. awesome! Just in time to see my elderly relatives.
    I'm so sorry!!! This has been the story of summer school here. We start back to school in August, and I fear we are going to have so many students and staff out and no subs, because people aren't taking any precautions, and are sending sick kids to school.

PZMommy is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by doberbrat View Post
    Today was my last day of summer school. The kids at the table I primarily sit at have been sneezing, coughing etc for 2 weeks - 2 have a nasty sounding cough. No masks, no covering up their cough, no testing. Guess what I now have. Blinding positive - it turned positive before the control even showed up. awesome! Just in time to see my elderly relatives.
    I'm so sorry!!! This has been the story of summer school here. We start back to school in August, and I fear we are going to have so many students and staff out and no subs, because people aren't taking any precautions, and are sending sick kids to school.

Quote Originally Posted by essnce629 View Post
    I'm so sorry. I hope it's mild.

DS2 got covid 3 weeks ago at his 4 day volleyball tournament in Vegas and DH just tested positive yesterday after returning from a 4 day work event in Chicago. His work event had the entire company, hundreds of people, indoors for hours each day with no masks in sight. I have no idea why DH didn't wear his KN95 masks just like we did in Vegas (DS2 only wore a surgical mask). He had a voicemail from his boss when he landed yesterday that she was positive. He tested the minute he walked in the door and it was also a blaring positive. Several other employees have tested positive as well. We're supposed to leave for Cancun in 8 days!

Sent from my SM-A526U1 using Tapatalk
    I’m sorry. I know you don’t want to hear it, but I know a couple of people who were in a similar situation and took paxlovid and were able to travel.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    DD (3/06)
    DS1 (7/09)
    DS2 (8/13)

essnce629 is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by georgiegirl View Post
    I’m sorry. I know you don’t want to hear it, but I know a couple of people who were in a similar situation and took paxlovid and were able to travel.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    I'd definitely have DH take Paxlovid if we qualified. Unfortunately we don't. We are not over 50, have no preexisting conditions, and no BMI over 25. So far he only has a slight cough and a little congestion, so hoping he tests negative on day 5 like DS2 did.

Latia (Birth & Postpartum Doula and Infant Nanny)
    Conner 8/19/03 (My 1st home birthed water baby!)
    Parker 5/23/09 (My 2nd home birthed water baby!)

♥ms.pacman♥ is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

sigh. i don't get it either. it really just boils down to selfishness in my opinion.
    my workplace last week made masks a requirement again, due to our county being a hotspot. people are just not caring.

hbridge is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Ugh... DC was just sent home from "college bootcamp" covid positive. 1/3 of the teens tested positive in three days! The poor kid has been masking religiously until they got to the program. It's in a big city and NO one is masking in the city or in the dorm. Covid is STILL raging out there! No one seems to care!

As for Paxlovid, the pediatrician offered it for DC, but the kid decided against it. Of course, DH is supposed to travel in a couple of weeks (multiple flights, events, ect.)...

DC is doing great isolating, but I almost feel like I want to get it now so we can put this all behind us. The stress of DH's trip (and him bringing it home, is going to cause me to go completely grey! - DH will never isolate "just because he might bring it into the house")

AnnieW625 is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

Default Why are people STILL stupid about COVID?

Quote Originally Posted by essnce629 View Post
    I'd definitely have DH take Paxlovid if we qualified. Unfortunately we don't. We are not over 50, have no preexisting conditions, and no BMI over 25. So far he only has a slight cough and a little congestion, so hoping he tests negative on day 5 like DS2 did.

I didn’t qualify for Paxlovid and I am 45, and my BMI is over 25, and I have no other conditions. My asthma has been in control now for many years so I couldn’t even use that excuse. I am jealous of those who have been able to qualify for it. Like I said before I probably won’t test until day 10, but I hear you. I wonder if the variant changed in a month.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by AnnieW625; 08-04-2022 at 12:05 AM.
    Annie
    WOHM to two wonderful little girls born in April
    DD E, 17
    DD L, 13,
    baby 2, 4-2009 (our Tri-18 baby)

essnce629 is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by AnnieW625 View Post
    I didn’t qualify for Paxlovid and I am 45, and my BMI is over 25, and I have no other conditions. My asthma has been in control now for many years so I couldn’t even use that excuse. I am jealous of those who have been able to qualify for it. Like I said before I probably won’t test until day 10, but I hear you. I wonder if the variant changed in a month.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I have several mom friends who took Paxlovid and their only qualification was a BMI over 25. It's definitely listed as being a qualifying risk factor in the EUA.

Latia (Birth & Postpartum Doula and Infant Nanny)
    Conner 8/19/03 (My 1st home birthed water baby!)
    Parker 5/23/09 (My 2nd home birthed water baby!)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2