ang79 is online now Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Default Need a new fitness tracker for me

My 3 yr. old Fitbit Alta HR is no longer charging I am not a hard core athlete or exerciser, but I do like the vibrating alarm to wake up to, reminders to move, tracking things on the fitbit app, sleep feedback, and competing with my kids (sometimes) that I had with the fitbit, as well as using it as a watch. I feel like getting 3 years out of my Alta was pure luck, as I know lots of people have issues with Fitibits failing after the 1 yr. warranty is up. We've had 3 original Inspires between the girls where the bands break at the connection point. The first one was replaced under warranty. The other two broke just after a year. My workaround for that is to get silicon bands to insert the tracker into from Amazon for cheap. The clasps break after awhile but they are inexpensive to replace and work for the girls. So, Fitbit is giving me a discount to purchase a new device, making prices a bit cheaper than the current Amazon Prime Day deals. Anyone have experience with either the Inspire 2, Luxe, Charge 5, or Versa 2? I want something with basic features, easy to use, and that will last. My concern with the Inspire is the bands (do they connect the same as the original Inspire design?). I've looked at Garmin as well, but they are more expensive and it's a different platform from what my kids use, so no competitions between us then.

ArizonaGirl is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

I've had a versa 2 for about 2.5 years and I love it. You can read texts, get notifications, vibrating alarms, tracking all of the things.

I've been very happy.
    Lindsey

Married to DH June 2005 gave birth to Shawn December 2008 and Lilian August 2012

JElaineB is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

I have the Versa 2 also. My first one, the face fell off after about 11 months because I was cleaning it with rubbing alcohol during the pandemic (oops). They sent me a new one and the second one I've had for about 1.5 years and it's fine; I use a cover on it now. However at this point the Versa 2 is a 3-year-old model so if you can stretch it I would probably go for one of the newer models, such as the Versa 3.

ang79 is online now Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Hoping to see if Target had these in store to see in person, thinking the Versa might feel too big on my child sized wrist, lol. Also, I saw reviews saying the Versa 2 is not fully compatible with iPhones? I have an iPhone SE.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk