Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Easy way for little kid to hang art?

We're re-doing my daughter's room this summer. She'll be 5 next month and is still sleeping in her crib with the front taken off (she's tiny so she has plenty of room and hasn't complained -- we were originally waiting to see if we were going to move but now know we won't be any time soon). So we're going to paint her room, get her a new bed, etc. She loves drawing/coloring/art/etc. and currently has like 20 things she made scotch taped to her walls. We didn't really care because we knew they would be repainted soon. But I don't want her doing that on fresh paint. So what's the easiest way to give her a way to hang stuff? I don't trust her with push pins for a bulletin board. Are those LED light strings with the clips sturdy enough for a little kid to hang regular pieces of paper on? Are they safe? Is there something better I haven't thought of? I don't mind hanging things for her if I have to, but she really likes to be able to do it herself. Her room is pretty small and one of the walls is vertical for the first few feet, then slanted toward the ceiling.
    DS 2/14
    DD 8/17

PunkyBoo is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

At that age, we painted DS1's wooden closet door with magnetic paint, so he could hang pictures with magnets. It wasn't perfect (anything heavy wouldn't stay) but it worked well enough.
    For DS2, we hung a magnetic bulletin board on his wall for him to decorate.
    You could hang a string or yarn across a wall and have her use clothespins to hang the art.

Sent from my Pixel 3a XL using Tapatalk

Mama to DS1 Punkin (2/04) and DS2 Boo (1/09)

lizzywednesday is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

==========================================
    Liz
    DD (3/2010)

"Make mistakes! Get messy!" - Miss Frizzle

Another rec for the dignitet, until recently we had 2 downstairs across one wall to help manage the nonstop art DD seems to make. Now we have them in her room.
    ~ Dawn
    Our little monkey (4/2011) & his early holiday present 12/12

We have rows of twine with small clothespins on it. Works fine and honestly doesn’t look terrible.
    momma to DD 12/08 & DS 3/13

Thanks for all of the ideas! We picked a paint color today, so next need to see if the bed we had looked at before is in stock.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    DS 2/14
    DD 8/17

Liziz is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

It wasn't for my kids' room, but for our family room, I painted clothespins in fun colors and then used 3M Command strips (cut in half) to attach the clothespins to the wall. That's what my kids' use to display their art. We didn't have a large enough space for a long string with clothespins hanging from it (and despite loving my kids' art, I didn't need sooooo much hanging lol) so the few stable clothespins has worked great.
    Lizi

petesgirl is online now Emerald level (3000+ posts)

I'm just here to say that my 5 yr old just barely decided he was ready to ditch his crib. My parents gave me grief about him being in there so long, so I'm glad we aren't alone.
    Last edited by petesgirl; 07-06-2022 at 09:43 PM.
    Mama to :
    DS1 (July 2011)
    DD (Feb 2014-June 2015)
    DS2 (Apr 2017)

"You never really understand a person until you consider things from his point of view...Until you climb inside his skin and walk around in it."
    --Atticus Finch (To Kill A Mockingbird)

Quote Originally Posted by petesgirl View Post
    I'm just hear to say that my 5 yr old just barely decided he was ready to ditch his crib. My parents gave me grief about him being in there so long, so I'm glad we aren't alone.
    My entire sleep philosophy for kids is if it is working don’t mess with it!!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    DS 2/14
    DD 8/17

Another vote for the IKEA Dignitet - we used those wires with the clips you can buy with them (clips are supposed to be for curtain panels, but my kids were fine clipping with them well before 5). All three of mine had wires hung in their rooms before we moved. My youngest is now 12 and still changes out what posters and art she wants to hang from it in her room.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast