Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Happy July 4th!

athompson is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Last edited by athompson; 07-05-2022 at 02:23 PM.

bisous is online now Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

I love America. She’s not perfect for sure and I’m also comfortable with other people having a different opinion about it! I’m also super grateful that we can be openly critical without blowback and recognize fully that we have room for improvement. But I will be honest when I say that I feel immensely privileged to have been born here with the freedoms that I have and feel a great responsibility to make the world a better place as a result.

ged is offline Gold level (500+ posts)

Count me in as one who did not feel the need to celebrate much yesterday. My kids went to the local fireworks/festivals with their friends, but I had no desire to participate.

As someone who lived abroad for 4 years (western Europe), I know each country has its strengths and weaknesses. But I believe many of our issues here are reprehensible.

Globetrotter is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

This resonates with me.. I too was so proud to live in a country that once embraced immigrants.
    https://www.npr.org/2022/07/04/11097...day-immigrants

And Roe is just one of my concerns. Voter suppression is at the top of my list, because without the vote nothing else matters.

JustMe is online now Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by Globetrotter View Post
    This resonates with me.. I too was so proud to live in a country that once embraced immigrants.
    https://www.npr.org/2022/07/04/11097...day-immigrants

And Roe is just one of my concerns. Voter suppression is at the top of my list, because without the vote nothing else matters.

I will read the article later, but wanted to say that I completely share your concern about voter suppression being so huge.

KpbS is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by bisous View Post
    I love America. She’s not perfect for sure and I’m also comfortable with other people having a different opinion about it! I’m also super grateful that we can be openly critical without blowback and recognize fully that we have room for improvement. But I will be honest when I say that I feel immensely privileged to have been born here with the freedoms that I have and feel a great responsibility to make the world a better place as a result.

Yes! ITA. Happy 4th to you too, Gatorsmom.
    K

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3