Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Travel WWYD?

nfceagles is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Are the flights direct or connecting? Have you already found a car rental?

I had a close call recently with flights that almost caused issues with my rental car. It looked like I was going to miss my second flight and end up not getting to my destination that night but instead the next day. I called AVIS to let them know and make sure they didn’t give my car away. They told me they couldn’t guarantee they’d hold it if I didn’t make it that night as originally planned. But I could try modifying the reservation in the app to reflect the new dates. When I tried modifying the reservation to pick up a day later, the total cost went from $700 to $1700. DS and I ended up sprinting between flights and made the connection so it was a non-issue, but it made me realize how easily plans could fall apart these days.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by jgenie View Post
    I would do a 14 hr drive with my DC but not with my DH. Sounds like you would be happier flying.
    I am so glad I’m not the only one who feels this way!! I would do it with either or both of my kids, but DH would make me absolutely crazy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    DS 2/14
    DD 8/17

I would drive it. We flew recently because of time constraints and between travel to the airport, the flight delay, the circling in the air, then finally landing, it was 9 hours on a drive that would have taken 15. Coming home was worse, 12 hours travel time there.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2