Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5
    nfceagles is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

nfceagles is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Hypothetical for you. No reason, just for kicks. If you could make the following deal with a genie right now, would you? Guarantee no one in your family get COVID before or during your trip, but in return you all get it upon returning home.

PZMommy is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Fingers crossed for you! When do you leave for your trip!

basil is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by nfceagles View Post
    Hypothetical for you. No reason, just for kicks. If you could make the following deal with a genie right now, would you? Guarantee no one in your family get COVID before or during your trip, but in return you all get it upon returning home.

Probably would take it. Especially if we could get it all at the same time and then be done with it. Would have been better to have it a month ago though, I'd have taken that deal in a heartbeat! It would undoubtedly be stressful for DH and I coming back after being gone for 2 weeks and needing to take more time off. We were talking last night...neither of us has been off work for 2 weeks straight (aside from me for maternity leave, which IMO doesn't count) since HIGH SCHOOL. It's been 15 years since DH took a sick day, and the last time I called off work was when I had appendicitis in 2009 - I took 2 days off.
    DS- 8/11
    DD- 5/14

SnuggleBuggles is online now Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by basil View Post
    Probably would take it. Especially if we could get it all at the same time and then be done with it. Would have been better to have it a month ago though, I'd have taken that deal in a heartbeat! It would undoubtedly be stressful for DH and I coming back after being gone for 2 weeks and needing to take more time off. We were talking last night...neither of us has been off work for 2 weeks straight (aside from me for maternity leave, which IMO doesn't count) since HIGH SCHOOL. It's been 15 years since DH took a sick day, and the last time I called off work was when I had appendicitis in 2009 - I took 2 days off.
    How much vacation time do you earn each year?
    I think it’s great for your kids to see that there can be a good work/life balance. Take as much vacation as you can

Sent from my iPhone using Baby Bargains

basil is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by SnuggleBuggles View Post
    How much vacation time do you earn each year?
    I think it’s great for your kids to see that there can be a good work/life balance. Take as much vacation as you can

Oh, trust I do! I have negotiated HARD on vacation time, even though my group supposedly only gives 4 weeks max, there are ways around it... I think I managed to take about 6 this year...but most in smaller increments like a day here and there when the kids were off or had a half day, etc.

This year, my kids will have skied over 20 days in Maine, and gone to Hawaii, Florida, and Alaska...and we have trips planned next year for Sun Valley, ID (skiing), Maine, Bermuda, and Iceland. So don't feel sorry for them
    DS- 8/11
    DD- 5/14

SnuggleBuggles is online now Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by basil View Post
    Oh, trust I do! I have negotiated HARD on vacation time, even though my group supposedly only gives 4 weeks max, there are ways around it... I think I managed to take about 6 this year...but most in smaller increments like a day here and there when the kids were off or had a half day, etc.

This year, my kids will have skied over 20 days in Maine, and gone to Hawaii, Florida, and Alaska...and we have trips planned next year for Sun Valley, ID (skiing), Maine, Bermuda, and Iceland. So don't feel sorry for them
    Oh! I didn’t mean it that way! I’ve followed along and know you guys do awesome stuff! Totally switching off for 2 solid weeks though is a bit different though, I think. I see it with dh- it takes him a few days to totally, mentally shake work and be all in on vacation mode. Other people could totally switch gears faster!
    🤞🤞 on staying Covid negative!

ahisma is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by SnuggleBuggles View Post
    Oh! I didn’t mean it that way! I’ve followed along and know you guys do awesome stuff! Totally switching off for 2 solid weeks though is a bit different though, I think. I see it with dh- it takes him a few days to totally, mentally shake work and be all in on vacation mode. Other people could totally switch gears faster!
    🤞🤞 on staying Covid negative!

I'm in a similar spot. I negotiated hard for PTO, got 5 weeks, and max it out each year. We travel a ton - and I back any work done while travelling back out of my bank, so ultimately I wind up with 7-ish weeks. I rarely take more than a week at a time though. I did this month, and my team asked me never to do that again. (They rocked it - but had to navigate more office politics than they are used to, I guess).

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5