Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    Kestrel is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Default I used to think my child had two parents until....

Let's play a game. Please add yours!

I used to think that my child had two parents until...

DH asked me what grade my child would be in next fall.

DH has asked the following questions this past year:
    What grade is DC in?
    How old is DC?
    What school does DC go to?
    Granted we have three kids, but still…

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    DD (3/06)
    DS1 (7/09)
    DS2 (8/13)

jgenie is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

I stopped relaying school email information to DH. I have my email address and our home email address set to receive emails. I give him a heads up for not to miss events and schedule everything else according to what works best for my schedule. I’m pretty sure he wouldn’t be able to ballpark our tuition bill.

lizzywednesday is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

DD needed a cotton ball from the hall closet and it's apparently my fault she tore open a new package instead of finding the open bag.
    ==========================================
    Liz
    DD (3/2010)

"Make mistakes! Get messy!" - Miss Frizzle

hbridge is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by lizzywednesday View Post
    DD needed a cotton ball from the hall closet and it's apparently my fault she tore open a new package instead of finding the open bag.
    Oh yeah!!! EVERYTHING that goes wrong in this house is ME fault. Kid had a bad day, always my fault... DH is an amazing guy, but ugh!!!

I went to bed a little after 8 pm one night last week because I had been running hard for several days and needed to crash. Told DH and all three kids at dinner I was going to bed early and reviewed the plan for the next morning with them then.

DH woke me up at 11:30 all mad the 12 YO had not gone to bed yet and wanted to know what the plan was for the morning.

bcafe is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Why can you never remember the birthdates of your own children!!

petesgirl is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

I came home from working a 5 am-1 pm Saturday shift at the lab and DH was playing video games. DS was like 2.5 and had fallen asleep on the floor in his bedroom.

DH had eaten breakfast and lunch but when I asked him what DS had eaten his response was "uh....I forgot I was supposed to feed him." Like, FOR REAL?!?

Luckily DS could reach a few pantry snacks so he wasn't starving but OMG! That was several years ago and he STILL will get out his own breakfast and lunch without even thinking about the kids, which I get on the days he works because he is eating breakfast earlier than we normally eat but on weekends when we all eat later, couldn't he at least offer to pour them some cereal when he's doing his own? But apparently it's mom's job to make sure the kids eat.
    Last edited by petesgirl; 07-25-2022 at 01:34 PM.
    Mama to :
    DS1 (July 2011)
    DD (Feb 2014-June 2015)
    DS2 (Apr 2017)

"You never really understand a person until you consider things from his point of view...Until you climb inside his skin and walk around in it."
    --Atticus Finch (To Kill A Mockingbird)

bisous is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by petesgirl View Post
    I came home from working a 5 am-1 pm Saturday shift at the lab and DH was playing video games. DS was like 2.5 and had fallen asleep on the floor in his bedroom.

DH had eaten breakfast and lunch but when I asked him what DS had eaten his response was "uh....I forgot I was supposed to feed him." Like, FOR REAL?!?

Luckily DS could reach a few pantry snacks so he wasn't starving but OMG! That was several years ago and he STILL will get out his own breakfast and lunch without even thinking about the kids, which I get on the days he works because he is eating breakfast earlier than we normally eat but on weekends when we all eat later, couldn't he at least offer to pour them some cereal when he's doing his own? But apparently it's mom's job to make sure the kids eat.
    OH, this reminds me of one. It was many years ago (15??). DH was at Art Center and I was a grad student at CSUN. We lived in Pasadena. It was during my comps and our arrangement was that I'd get up at the crack of dawn to study in the library while DH would let DS1 sleep as long as possible and care for him in the morning. While I was at the library I just had this feeling I should go home. It wasn't close! But I packed up way earlier than planned based on a gut feeling. I come home to DS1, aged 3, and he was crying rooting around in the pantry. Of course he also had type 1 diabetes and his blood sugar was low. DH wasn't answering his phone and he was passed out asleep. I was...not happy and I'm still not about it but I couldn't really tell anyone without essentially throwing DH under the bus and he did feel terrible about it. I cannot understand how a person who is old enough to be a parent can't rouse themselves in the morning when they know they have dependent children depending on them! I honestly don't know that DH would be much better about that even today, although he sure has tried to be better over the years. Thankfully DS1 has an amazing pump that catches lows, can get his own breakfast and is more insistent about waking up his dad, haha.

When I pulled into the JCC parking lot to drop DS off for kindergarten--on a day that I had to work and was busting my a$$ to get the kid there. And who happens to be strolling through the parking lot on his way to spin class--DH!!!! WTAF???? If you are going to the same place where the kid goes to school, you could go just a wee bit earlier to get DS there. But no,,,didn't even think about it.....
    Mom to:
    DS '02
    DS '05
    Percy--the wild furry child!!! 2022----
    Simon--the first King Charles cutie 2009-2022
    RIP Andy, the furry first child, 1996-2012

"The task of any religion is not to tell us who we are entitled to hate but to teach us who we are required to love."

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast