Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    gatorsmom is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

Dh regularly buys foods that have tree nuts in them. Not just hidden, unexpected tree nuts in the ingredients. He will come home and say, “surprise! I passed your favorite bakery today and the pecan buns looked delicious so I bought you some!” Or how about, “ I brought you these hazelnut candies all the way from (fill in whatever foreign country he’s traveled to recently). I hope you like them!” Three out of the 6 people in our family are allergic to tree nuts with our twins both having had life-threatening reactions that he SHOULD remember. We have been allergic for 13 years. We have pretty much given hope of him ever remembering.
    " I object to violence because when it appears to do good, the good is only temporary; the evil it does is permanent." Mahatma Gandhi

"This is the ultimate weakness of violence: It multiplies evil and violence in the universe. It doesn't solve any problems." Martin Luther King, Jr.

Quote Originally Posted by bisous View Post
    Of course he also had type 1 diabetes.
    Not to hijack but one of DDs was just diagnosed with type 1 in May at the age of 13. No pump yet but should before the end of the summer. I would love to hear some of our experience if you don't mind me sending you a PM when I get back from my travels.

bisous is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by lisa928 View Post
    Not to hijack but one of DDs was just diagnosed with type 1 in May at the age of 13. No pump yet but should before the end of the summer. I would love to hear some of our experience if you don't mind me sending you a PM when I get back from my travels.
    Please do! We've been at this for over 15 years.

bisous is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by lisa928 View Post
    Please do! We've been at this for over 15 years.

doberbrat is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by gatorsmom View Post
    Dh regularly buys foods that have tree nuts in them. Not just hidden, unexpected tree nuts in the ingredients. He will come home and say, “surprise! I passed your favorite bakery today and the pecan buns looked delicious so I bought you some!” Or how about, “ I brought you these hazelnut candies all the way from (fill in whatever foreign country he’s traveled to recently). I hope you like them!” Three out of the 6 people in our family are allergic to tree nuts with our twins both having had life-threatening reactions that he SHOULD remember. We have been allergic for 13 years. We have pretty much given hope of him ever remembering.
    DH brings home strawberry stuff ALL.THE.TIME and its maddening! DD1 has said it makes her uncomfortable having it in the house? How can he be so selfish??? You're the parent, suck it up! We sacrifice for our kids.

I used to think my kids had 2 parents before dh started sleeping until 3-4pm daily. so he can stay up and watch cr@ppy tv all night.
    dd1 10/05
    dd2 11/09
    and ... a mini poodle!

doberbrat is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

DH brings home strawberry stuff ALL.THE.TIME and its maddening! DD1 has said it makes her uncomfortable having it in the house? How can he be so selfish??? You're the parent, suck it up! We sacrifice for our kids.

I used to think my kids had 2 parents before dh started sleeping until 3-4pm daily. so he can stay up and watch cr@ppy tv all night.
    dd1 10/05
    dd2 11/09
    and ... a mini poodle!

jgenie is online now Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

My DH consistently brings home food with cross contamination warnings. Thankfully DC are very much on top of it and always check labels.

jgenie is online now Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

My DH consistently brings home food with cross contamination warnings. Thankfully DC are very much on top of it and always check labels.

klwa is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Not really directly a DH issue, but DH was driving us home from vacation on Saturday. DD2, from the back seat, calls out "Mommy, can we stop soon so I can go to the bathroom?" I asked her who was driving. "Daddy." Then why did you ask me? "But can we?"
    -Kris
    DS (9/05)
    DD (8/08)
    DD (9/12)

niccig is online now Clean Sweep forum moderator

Default I used to think my child had two parents until....

When DS was little we had a couple similar events with DH forgetting to feed DS or asking me about dinner when I had been sick all day caring for a sick kid. I do a very good impersonation of Chucky so one time was enough for DH to learn. DS is 17 and DH still tells work colleagues with babies “take home food for dinner when your wife is sick” so he is passing on the lesson

Sent from my iPhone using Baby Bargains

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast