Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Quote Originally Posted by doberbrat View Post
    When I filled out the original forms for dd1 at school, dh was a little more present. I put both of us on with him first - you know Mr & Mrs ... and ever since they call him first for everything despite the fact that he never answers his phone or checks vm. The school secretary had to actually unenroll the girls from the record and add them back in as new students to be able to change the primary parent contact
    When I filled out DS2's registration info back when he started kindergarten, I put DH's name first, so he always gets the phone calls and emails from the school. Every year I put on the nurse form to call me first and every time they still call DH first.
    Mommy to 2 DS's (2003 and 2007)

doberbrat is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by ett View Post
    When I filled out DS2's registration info back when he started kindergarten, I put DH's name first, so he always gets the phone calls and emails from the school. Every year I put on the nurse form to call me first and every time they still call DH first.
    See if whomever is in charge of kindergarten registration can fix it in their database. Dh sleeps all day and does not respond to vm or email so it is vital for us that he isnt primary. I actually made myself primary and the school secretary secondary. I tend to toss my phone on a file cabinet or table or whatever and dont really look it it often during the day. The secretary can always find me even if she has to air page me.
    dd1 10/05
    dd2 11/09
    and ... a mini poodle!

Quote Originally Posted by doberbrat View Post
    See if whomever is in charge of kindergarten registration can fix it in their database. Dh sleeps all day and does not respond to vm or email so it is vital for us that he isnt primary. I actually made myself primary and the school secretary secondary. I tend to toss my phone on a file cabinet or table or whatever and dont really look it it often during the day. The secretary can always find me even if she has to air page me.
    DS2 will be in 10th grade, so really no point anymore! But it's crazy how hard it is to change the primary contact person. Certainly, if I knew that parent/guardian 1 was going to be called/emailed for everything, I would have put myself first! The school nurse will sometimes call me if they can't reach DH in "urgent" situations, so that's good at least.
    Mommy to 2 DS's (2003 and 2007)

AnnieW625 is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by Kestrel View Post
    And with school starting back up soon, let's not forget the school office calling the mother, every time! All of our info states to call DH's cell phone first, and they never have! Not once! Last time, we even wrote on top of the info page in red sharpie "Call DH First", but nope.
    Can you just not give them your number?

jgenie is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by Kestrel View Post
    And with school starting back up soon, let's not forget the school office calling the mother, every time! All of our info states to call DH's cell phone first, and they never have! Not once! Last time, we even wrote on top of the info page in red sharpie "Call DH First", but nope.
    Switch numbers on the forms! They’ll continue to call you but will get DH instead.

essnce629 is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by jgenie View Post
    Switch numbers on the forms! They’ll continue to call you but will get DH instead.

Great tip!

Sent from my SM-A526U1 using Tapatalk
    Latia (Birth & Postpartum Doula and Infant Nanny)
    Conner 8/19/03 (My 1st home birthed water baby!)
    Parker 5/23/09 (My 2nd home birthed water baby!)

Default I used to think my child had two parents until....

Two days ago, DH was filling out a form
    And he needed DD’s birthday and he turned to me to ask what it was.

And the other day, I mentioned something about school starting and he asked what grade DS2 was going into, and I said 3rd. He said, “really???? Are you sure? I just told someone he was going into 5th.” (My other kids are going into 11th and 8th, so 5th isn’t remotely close to anyones grade.)
    DD (3/06)
    DS1 (7/09)
    DS2 (8/13)

lizzywednesday is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by georgiegirl View Post
    Two days ago, DH was filling out a form
    And he needed DD’s birthday and he turned to me to ask what it was.
    This was my dad; when I was in college, I would call him a week before my siblings' birthdays to remind him to do something (anything!) for them. He's now put everything into his address book because I started to wean myself off feeding him information after I got married.
    ==========================================
    Liz
    DD (3/2010)

"Make mistakes! Get messy!" - Miss Frizzle

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4