Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    petesgirl is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by bcafe View Post
    Is she a "health coach"? Quotations because I have a coworker who is into a MLM and is constantly posting about this stuff, whether FB, IG, or Snap. I think she has to do this for the company....although, the company is never named outright.
    This was my first thought too....is she trying to sell some workout plan? I have a friend who does that through Beachbody and she makes money by getting other people to buy a Beachbody plan too.
    Mama to :
    DS1 (July 2011)
    DD (Feb 2014-June 2015)
    DS2 (Apr 2017)

"You never really understand a person until you consider things from his point of view...Until you climb inside his skin and walk around in it."
    --Atticus Finch (To Kill A Mockingbird)

♥ms.pacman♥ is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by bcafe View Post
    Is she a "health coach"? Quotations because I have a coworker who is into a MLM and is constantly posting about this stuff, whether FB, IG, or Snap. I think she has to do this for the company....although, the company is never named outright.
    GREAT question, but no, she’s actually NOT a coach for an MLM! She does receive some sort of fitness coaching through a program she pays for but AFAIK it’s not an MLM.

I totally know what you are saying though!! I had several other friends who used to post similar things on FB and they were actually coaches for MLMs - Beachbody, Plexus, Thrive and I think there was another one. Maybe Advocare. Ugh. Aside from the non-stop posts about “look what workout I just did!” Or “look at how much weight I lost” there was the whole “look, my life is perfect bc I earn all this money working from home!” And yes they typically do not name the MLM in their posts and instead just say things like “DM me to find out more!” . Eyeroll. This was huge in my feed in the 2016-2018 time frame, and I blocked ppl like this, then find out a year or so later these post stopped, and turns out they’re not in the MLM anymore..the assumption I must make is bc they realized they were losing so much $$ . So much for “financial freedom”…lol.

In that case while it’s annoying, I kind of understand why MLMers post non stop about their weight/fitness …. an MLM is essentially a commercial cult and their upline tells them to spam their feed with this kind of stuff and that is how they will supposedly get lots of social media engagement and make money. But for someone who is NOT trying to sell diet products or recruit anyone to join their pyramid scheme , I am just baffled as to why someone would go on to such a degree by talking about their weight 24/7 in such a public manner. I know she has a milestone birthday coming up very soon, so maybe it’s a mid-life crisis thing?
    Last edited by ♥ms.pacman♥; 07-31-2022 at 09:06 PM.

khm is offline Ruby level (4000+ posts)

I have several facebook friends in Optivia. They never, ever, EVER say Optivia. But, some of the pics have 5&1 something and I googled that. They talk about "this lifestyle" and "way of eating" or some such. It's all very vague. To my knowledge, they seem to start just talking about themselves and their personal "journey" in this program, but I feel like, eventually their upline will prod them into coaching as well. I think they start as consumers and in this particular one, it takes awhile, but they end up as sellers.

I know a couple of people who over share body/diet info. One is now a “health coach.” She hasn’t mentioned a specific plan. The other one must have some self-esteem issues and wants attention since it doesn’t seem like a life coach thing. She overshares jn general, but the whole posting about work outs and specific body information is just so off-putting. Why would I tell the 300+ people I’m FB friends with how much I weigh or how many laps I swam or how I ate a green smoothie for lunch to be healthy? Or posting pics of myself in a bikini? It’s one thing if it’s part of a family photo or one photo in a cool location. But repeated cleavage photos in bikinis for someone who is 50ish is just weird. (My bathing suit photos involve me in swim shorts and a long sleeve rash guard and a huge sun hat and sunglasses. Granted, I do run around town in pretty short Athleta skorts and fitted tank tops, but I don’t like exposing my skin on social media.)

DS1 and his swim buddies throw around the word fat and talk about their bodies too much, which drives me nuts. DS1 is super ripped and has a 6 pack from all his hours the the pool.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    DD (3/06)
    DS1 (7/09)
    DS2 (8/13)

mom2binsd is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Somewhat off topic, but the ANTIMLM subreddit is a fun read, there are so many MLM's out there.

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2