Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    o_mom is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

Wasn't this an overnight camp (or am I confusing you with another poster?)? I thought only day camps were DCA eligible?
    Mama to three boys ('03, '05, '07)

AnnieW625 is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

Default WWYD? Camp refund and DCA reimbursement

Quote Originally Posted by o_mom View Post
    Wasn't this an overnight camp (or am I confusing you with another poster?)? I thought only day camps were DCA eligible?
    I literally just checked and it turns out that overnight camps are not eligible per my state’s hr site, but the program administrator has never checked because I have gotten reimbursed the prior three years I have submitted for camp fees. I did two years of YMCA, and one year of this camp run by UCLA. Not private run camps so maybe they didn’t see it as a red flag. Well that settles it then. I will most likely just ask for the full refund then. I never would’ve thought to have checked, thanks Omom.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Annie
    WOHM to two wonderful little girls born in April
    DD E, 17
    DD L, 13,
    baby 2, 4-2009 (our Tri-18 baby)

scrooks is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by AnnieW625 View Post
    Yes I was thinking it would be fraud too. DCA stands for dependent care account. It is a pre tax amount that is taken out of our check every month and we collect on it once the expense passes. We planned for this expense. I am still debating about what amount to ask for back. We might still be okay and not lose any money if I can find enough week long camps for Dd2 to go to before she turns 13 next April. We have Thanksgiving, Christmas, Presidents week, and maybe Spring Break (depending on when that takes place next year).

Can you carry over from calendar year to calendar year? We haven’t used a DCA for a few years but ours always had to be used by the end of the year.

Quote Originally Posted by scrooks View Post
    Can you carry over from calendar year to calendar year? We haven’t used a DCA for a few years but ours always had to be used by the end of the year.
    We have until 03/15/23 to use 2022 funds and have until 6/30/23 to request reimbursement of the funds. Since DD2 turns 13 in April, 2023 anything left over from 2022 should cover whatever care we may need for her prior to her turning 13. Probably not much, but now that makes me feel better that we may not lose too much money.

Annie
    DD E, 17
    DD L, 13,

Kestrel is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Can you use the funds for an after-school program? Something like an art class, or tutoring? Maybe even swim lessons or scouting?

Default WWYD? Camp refund and DCA reimbursement

Quote Originally Posted by Kestrel View Post
    Can you use the funds for an after-school program? Something like an art class, or tutoring? Maybe even swim lessons or scouting?
    Yes. I will most likely use it for some coding camps (thanksgiving, Christmas, and Presidents Week) and maybe I will try the after school drama program I am looking at for her even though it is after I get off work. I can also put in for the art camp she went to in June (totally forgot about that one!). She isn’t going to the school after care program this year because the school thinks she will do better doing her homework at home vs. in aftercare which is more
    of a social hour for her vs. actually using the time to do her homework. Thankfully with us both working from home that shouldn’t be an issue. We will see how that actually works though.

Last edited by AnnieW625; 08-02-2022 at 02:59 PM.
    Annie
    DD E, 17
    DD L, 13,

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2