Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    essnce629 is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

No stitches, not enough area to grab onto. Just did dermabond glue. Stitches would have to be removed in 7-10 days and we'd be in Mexico so it's better.

Sent from my SM-A526U1 using Tapatalk
    Latia (Birth & Postpartum Doula and Infant Nanny)
    Conner 8/19/03 (My 1st home birthed water baby!)
    Parker 5/23/09 (My 2nd home birthed water baby!)

ged is offline Gold level (500+ posts)

Glad they took care of you. Dermabond sounds much more pleasant than stitches. I had to get some stitches on my finger - also due to slicing myself - and it was the most painful experience ever. And i've been through natural childbirth twice!

Hope you heal up quickly!

Late to see this but I’m glad you went. You might message your primary care doc and see what they recommend if it starts showing signs of infection. My mom did a similar cut recently (she did get stitches) and also then left town. Every time I talked to her she was like “hmmm, I wonder what’s going on with my finger. It looks really terrible.” She ended up self treating with antibiotics—I have no idea if it was actually infected. It was really maddening to me though. She also had to keep it dry until healed, which might apply to your Mexico trip. I’ve seen people keep casts dry while swimming at the beach so it doesn’t have to be completely limiting either if they need you to keep your thumb out of water. I hope it heals well for you.
    momma to DD 12/08 & DS 3/13

AnnieW625 is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

Oh that is good! Glad they were able to do it with only dermablend glue. Now that I think about it that is what they did with mine as well but I had to go back in a few days later to have them look at it again to make sure it was healing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Annie
    WOHM to two wonderful little girls born in April
    DD E, 17
    DD L, 13,
    baby 2, 4-2009 (our Tri-18 baby)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2