Reader is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Default security camera that works with hot spot?

We like to spy on our dog when we leave her unattended when we travel (like if we go out to eat without her and leave her in her kennel), but our little security camera doesn't like hotel wi-fi. Does anyone have recommendations for a security camera that will work with a phone hot spot or one that's really adaptable to different wi-fis?

AnnieW625 is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

We check our backyard from time to time with the Ring app. and just use the internet from our phone. We have the wireless stick up cameras. You can get wired ones for your house (and they are a bit cheaper).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Annie
    WOHM to two wonderful little girls born in April
    DD E, 17
    DD L, 13,
    baby 2, 4-2009 (our Tri-18 baby)

Hmm we have arlo cameras and they have a base plus the cameras. What about setting up a video call with the phone you leave in the room?

nfceagles is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

We have Arlo cameras that we use for various similar purposes. Why do you need it to work in a hotel? Are you leaving a dog there? I guess I’m just a little confused about which wifi is an issue. The camera at home should depend on your home wifi. Your phone cell service should be able to work for checking the camera.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk