Default Top Munich/Salzburg attractions

Hello … we just had 2 days open up on our trip to Munich/Austria and would love suggestions from anyone who has been there. We are doing the FC Bayern Allianz arena, salt mines, Hallstat, Eagles Nest, Sound of Music tour …. We have teens, hit me with your beat suggestions- TY!

smilequeen is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

My kids (17, 15, 11) loved the science museum in Munich (newly redone, my boys spent most of their time checking out the airplanes https://www.deutsches-museum.de/en) and the Munich Olympic Park…they did a good job of utilizing what they built and you can go up the observation tower for some amazing views as well. Right next to the BMW headquarters with a BMW museum and a showroom (free). So, a lot to do at that train stop.
    Last edited by smilequeen; 08-02-2022 at 08:07 PM.
    Mama to my boys (04,07,11)

In Munich, my teen boys enjoyed:
    Allianz arena tour
    BMW museum/showroom
    Olympic Park
    Bike tour of Munich (more enjoyable than expected)
    The stream in the English Garden (it was really hot)
    Watching the surfers
    Dachau Concentration Camp - took the tour in English offered onsite. It was unsettling but our guide was extremely knowledgeable and appropriate for our teens. I highly recommend it.
    You probably know this, but the 9 Euro ticket is great for getting around Germany, minus the ICE trains.

We spent several days in Garmisch-Partenkirchen, a few hours away from Munich. It was beautiful and our boys' favorite part of the trip. We did:
    Zugspitze peak via cable car. Can be accessed from Germany or Austria.
    Lake Eibsee hike and the boys swam in the emerald green water. German Zugspitze cable car is accessed here.
    Alpine Coaster in Oberammergau
    Neuschwanstein Castle tour
    Parnach Gorge
    Alpine Coaster in Garmisch
    Olympic Ski jump

I wouldn't make a separate trip for the last two but they were entertaining while we were there.
    Mom to Two Wild and Crazy Boys and One Sweet Baby Girl

Thank you both for the ideas!

Liziz is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Near Salzburg, we visited (and loved!) the Wurfen Ice Caves (Eisriesenwelt). They're not open year round so I'm not sure if it will match with your trip, but it was incredible and I definitely recommend!
    Lizi