hbridge is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Default Yet another covid question...

DC was sent home from camp Covid positive. Seven days later, they are still Covid + (so no returning to camp that ends Saturday...). DC isolated like a champ for 4 3/4 days, then their mental health started suffering and we pulled them from isolation. They are masking in public (as am I), but we are not masking at home with the family (again, due to mental health issues). When does the risk of the rest of the family getting covid from "camp" expire? When can we assume that we are "safe" if we have not yet gotten it? I am assuming 10 days after DC's 10 days (so 20 days after DC first tested positive)? Or is it 10 days after DC starts testing negative? I am so confused!!!

I guess I should just stop worrying about it and test the rest of us if we get symptoms, but I am too much of a planner...

Of course DH is supposed to travel in 15 days so that's a whole other level of exposure...

ARGH.....

SnuggleBuggles is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

I tested a few times when dh had it but by day 10 I stopped worrying.

Sent from my iPhone using Baby Bargains

ahisma is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

10 days after DC tests negative. I know it's a pain and a hassle. BIL just exposed DH and his parents because they let up their guard too early. You can - but it's a roll of the dice. If DH gets it, we'll have to cancel travel and lose nonrefundable expenses. That really stinks, but is minor compared to our worry about MIL / FIL who are older and frail. 100% preventable had BIL simply tested.

hbridge is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by ahisma View Post
    10 days after DC tests negative. I know it's a pain and a hassle. BIL just exposed DH and his parents because they let up their guard too early. You can - but it's a roll of the dice. If DH gets it, we'll have to cancel travel and lose nonrefundable expenses. That really stinks, but is minor compared to our worry about MIL / FIL who are older and frail. 100% preventable had BIL simply tested.
    Thank you. DC is still testing positive, but barely, it is a shade of a line... DH is traveling next week to see family. I think I am going to tell him that if he gets covid down there, he is staying with them for the duration...

essnce629 is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Well CDC guidelines say to test 3-5 days after last exposure, so I'd count last exposure to be day 10 and then if you're still negative 5 days after that I'd assume you're in the clear. That's what I followed when DS2 was positive last month.

Sent from my SM-A526U1 using Tapatalk
    Latia (Birth & Postpartum Doula and Infant Nanny)
    Conner 8/19/03 (My 1st home birthed water baby!)
    Parker 5/23/09 (My 2nd home birthed water baby!)