Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    wendibird22 is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Default What do you wear to concerts?

DH and I are going to two concerts over the next few months. One in Toronto and one in NYC. Both at indoor stadiums. One is pop-ish music and the other is alternative. I never know what to wear. I don't want to look like a frumpy late 40s mom, even though that's what I am.
    Mom to two amazing DDs ('07 & '09) and a fur baby.

Gluten free since Nov '11 after non-celiac gluten sensitive diagnosis. Have had great improvement or total elimination of: migraines, bloating/distention, heartburn, cystic acne, canker sores, bleeding gums, eczema on elbows, dry skin and scalp, muscle cramps, PMS, hair loss, heart palpitations, fatigue. I'm amazed.

AnnieW625 is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

Jeans, a nice shirt or tank top and cardigan and usually boots. I don’t worry about what others think.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Annie
    WOHM to two wonderful little girls born in April
    DD E, 17
    DD L, 13,
    baby 2, 4-2009 (our Tri-18 baby)

SnuggleBuggles is online now Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

Closed toe shoes so no one steps on my feet. Clothes? I swear I never really think about it!

gatorsmom is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

Oh my gosh, the last concern I went to was Def Leppard. It was all old people! But it was fun. The month before that DH ran across a KISS concert one night when we were having a date night. I wore a dress with fringes on it and pointy- toed clogs. That was a fun night.

Honestly, I think closed-toe shoes are important and they should be comfortable shoes you can stand in for a long time in case you can't get a good seat. If there is a chance you are going to be cold walking to your car after the concert then a cardigan or something you can take off and easily tie around your waist since it's sure to get hot inside. Don't wear anything you love because someone might spill a drink on it. You probably don't have to worry about cigarette burns like we did back in the day. Other than that, wear whatever is most comfortable and have fun!
    Last edited by gatorsmom; 08-08-2022 at 04:58 PM.
    " I object to violence because when it appears to do good, the good is only temporary; the evil it does is permanent." Mahatma Gandhi

"This is the ultimate weakness of violence: It multiplies evil and violence in the universe. It doesn't solve any problems." Martin Luther King, Jr.

Tenasparkl is online now Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by gatorsmom View Post
    Don't wear anything you love because someone might spill a drink on it. You probably don't have to worry about cigarette burns like we did back in the day. Other than that, wear whatever is most comfortable and have fun!

Totally! I wore a new long sweater/coat thing when we went to an outdoor Dave Matthews show a few years ago and it was really hard to get the pot smell out of it - so annoying! I should've known better for that show.

One thought - many places no longer allow bags over a certain size unless they're clear. That always throws me off and I try to wear jeans and something else with pockets for my stuff.

lizzywednesday is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

The last concert we went to was Guns 'n' Roses at MetLife Stadium in the dog days of summer. I wore a long stretchy dress & sneakers, and two braids. There's no way I was going to wear jeans to an outdoor show in a sea of concrete in New Jersey in August!

Before that, the last concert we went to was at a small venue in Philly; jeans, clogs, and something I bought quickly at the mall so I wasn't showing up in a crappy t-shirt, which is like 90% of my wardrobe.

No idea what I'd wear to anything coming up!
    ==========================================
    Liz
    DD (3/2010)

"Make mistakes! Get messy!" - Miss Frizzle

niccig is offline Clean Sweep forum moderator

Jeans and sneakers with a top - standing and dancing so need to be comfortable

Sent from my iPhone using Baby Bargains

essnce629 is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by Tenasparkl View Post
    One thought - many places no longer allow bags over a certain size unless they're clear. That always throws me off and I try to wear jeans and something else with pockets for my stuff.
    Yes, definitely look into this! I now own a clear cross shoulder bag after having to stand in a separate long line to check my regular purse at a UCLA men's volleyball game where only clear bags were allowed.

Sent from my SM-A526U1 using Tapatalk
    Latia (Birth & Postpartum Doula and Infant Nanny)
    Conner 8/19/03 (My 1st home birthed water baby!)
    Parker 5/23/09 (My 2nd home birthed water baby!)

Quote Originally Posted by essnce629 View Post
    Yes, definitely look into this! I now own a clear cross shoulder bag after having to stand in a separate long line to check my regular purse at a UCLA men's volleyball game where only clear bags were allowed.

Sent from my SM-A526U1 using Tapatalk
    Yes, I ordered one on Amazon. They are inexpensive. Check the venue for specific dimension restrictions.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    DD (3/06)
    DS1 (7/09)
    DS2 (8/13)

wendibird22 is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Yes the Toronto venue I know only allows a small clutch 6.5x4.5 in.

I'll have to look into Madison Square Garden, but assume it is similar.
    Mom to two amazing DDs ('07 & '09) and a fur baby.

Gluten free since Nov '11 after non-celiac gluten sensitive diagnosis. Have had great improvement or total elimination of: migraines, bloating/distention, heartburn, cystic acne, canker sores, bleeding gums, eczema on elbows, dry skin and scalp, muscle cramps, PMS, hair loss, heart palpitations, fatigue. I'm amazed.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast