Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Shower seat/shaving stool?

We are getting our shower replaced, and we opted not to purchase a shower seat from the installer because we never use it for sitting. However, I do need somewhere to put my foot for shaving and foot scrubbing. Silly me...I thought I could find a teak stool for $20 or so, but I was SO WRONG! All of the teak and cast stone stools I've seen are much more expensive than I expected. Please recommend your shower stool/seat! If you have another idea that I haven't thought of, I'm all ears! ETA: shower is white herringbone tile pattern with white floor and silver fixtures.

I did find these options at Costco, but I've never had teak in the shower.
    https://www.costco.com/.product.1426500.html

And this one seemed expensive until I found the same item for more than 2X the price at Wayfair.
    https://www.costco.com/.product.1609552.html

PunkyBoo is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Google "shower foot ledge" and you can see lots of options, if you're not having a bench/bump out built into the tile wall.

Sent from my Pixel 3a XL using Tapatalk

Mama to DS1 Punkin (2/04) and DS2 Boo (1/09)

AnnieW625 is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

There is no way you can change the design and have a bench added? I absolutely love my solid shower seat for shaving my legs. I have no input on a stool and honestly would be afraid of it slipping and me falling if it wasn’t attached to something. It will be worth the extra expense if you can work one into the design.

In my old bathroom as soon as the tile was up I realized I should’ve added a soap dish to the wall so I could shave my legs using the soap dish like I had my entire life so when I knew I was redoing my current bathroom I knew some sort of stoop or bench was required.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Annie
    WOHM to two wonderful little girls born in April
    DD E, 17
    DD L, 13,
    baby 2, 4-2009 (our Tri-18 baby)

No, it’s already installed. I’m sure I could pay them to add a seat, but this company isn’t getting another dime.

AnnieW625 is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

Could you do something like this? It would go with white tile.

https://www.us.kohler.com/us/square-...E&gclsrc=aw.ds

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Annie
    WOHM to two wonderful little girls born in April
    DD E, 17
    DD L, 13,
    baby 2, 4-2009 (our Tri-18 baby)

We have a low corner tile "shelf" that's meant to rest your foot for shaving your legs. Has the tile been done yet? even so, I'm wondering if you can add something like it. Something that looks like this: https://www.etsy.com/listing/6943380...RoCJkgQAvD_BwE
    DD1 - 1996
    DD2 - 1999
    DD3 - 2005

Surfaces are for working, not for storing. - Peter Walsh

jgenie is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Default Shower seat/shaving stool?

We had this one in our last house.

https://www.lowes.com/pd/Steamist/50...E&gclsrc=aw.ds

Sent from my iPhone using Baby Bargains

Thank you all for the feedback. We did a consultation through Costco (usually reliable!) for a shower update. It has gone awry, to say the least. They installed today, and I am up at this late hour writing down all the problems while they're still fresh.
    As of now, I would strongly recommend steering clear of the costco shower update people.
    This is my documentation this far:
    • Appointment July 29 2:00 PM
    • Contract says “no change to footprint”
    o This is not true. The original footprint of the shower pan was between 32 and 34 inches. The new shower pan is 30 inches. The shower pan listed in the contract was 30 x 60, but owners assumed this was the INSIDE of the shower, which reflected the size of original shower pan. There is now a filler outside of the new shower to cover up the space previously occupied by the old shower pan. Any changes to the shower footprint should have been made clear to the owners BEFORE installation.
    • Salesman said that the normal install is in one day, but they take extra time for Costco customers to include an inspection mid-way through.
    o This is not true. When the homeowner called the assigned representative midday to see when the inspection would happen, the representative said that the city of Georgetown would contact the owner after the installation was complete to do an inspection. This makes no sense because the plumbing is covered up at this point and the inspection is useless. It is also AFTER the shower is installed, not mid-installation to make sure everything is installed properly. When pressed on this issue, the representative said she would have the installation supervisor call after his lunch break.
    • Salesman said that permits would be pulled. The owners specifically asked this during the sales appointment.
    o This is not true. When the homeowner called the assigned representative to ask about the inspection, the representative said a supervisor would call back after his lunch break. The supervisor said that they used to pull permits but that now the permits were pulled on a case-by-case basis determined by the permitting office and the installers. The supervisor had a call in to permitting office and would relay further information after speaking to permitting. As of the end of business 8/9/2022, there is no update.
    • Salesman said a master plumber would be on site for the installation. This was emphasized by the salesmen during the appointment and was one of the factors considered when purchasing the shower remodel.
    o This is not true. When the homeowner called the assigned representative to ask about the permit/inspection/master plumber, the assigned representative said that Michael has a lot of experience. When pushed on whether he was a master plumber, the representative put the homeowner on hold to check. She returned and said that Michael was a master plumber, which the installation supervisor later debunked as false. Michael is an experienced plumber but not a master plumber. According to the supervisor, there is a master plumber employed by Expo Home, but he cannot go to every job.
    • Salesman recommended a grab bar/shelf and said the 30-inch shelf was cheaper than the shorter shelf. The salesman also said that the installers would verify the placement of grab bars and shelves before installing.
    o The grab bar/shelf completely intrudes on the shower space, especially since the shower space is 2-3 inches narrower than the previous shower. Including the new grab bar/shelf, the actual shower space is 5-6 inches narrower than the previous shower space. Not only is the shelf useless for holding anything, but it is also completely intrusive and is in the way of the shower space. The shelf cannot hold any shampoo bottles because they would be in the way, and the installers never asked about placement before drilling into the surface of the shower. Had we known the shelf would obstruct the shower, we would have not had the shelf installed or chosen to install the shelf at a lower level so as not to interfere with arm movement. As is, it’s completely useless AND it is in the way. The shorter shower shelf/grab bar would have been more appropriate for the right wall of the shower (opposite the faucet) and would have been a better option. This would have been obvious if the installers had they asked before installing and should have been obvious to both the salesmen and the installer.
    • Overall, the appearance of the shower is nice. However, it is the wrong size with installed options that are inappropriate for the given shower space. The current size of the shower and inappropriately installed accessories make the shower difficult to use.
    Last edited by zukeypur; 08-10-2022 at 12:15 AM.

kdeunc is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

We just redid our shower too and opted for a team bench instead of a built in. We chose this one from Amazon. Utoplike Teak Shower Bench Seat with Handles, Portable Wooden Spa Bathing Stool with Storage Towel Shelf, 22" x 13" x 18.6" It looks nice and serves the purpose we wanted.

Now I’m curious from your description what the shelf looks like
    DD (3/06)
    DS1 (7/09)
    DS2 (8/13)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast