Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    daisyd is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Default Where to buy men's winter jacket? (for DS)

LE used to be my go to for winter jackets for DS. We loved the squall and expedition parkas for our New England winters. But DS has not been a fan of his last 2 jackets. The first one had just 1 set of weirdly slanted pockets and the second one was not warm enough. I usually buy ahead. He is now in men's sizes and I wondered if there were more options for brands. We are looking for warmth and quality so we can hand down to DS2. Affordability would be a huge plus.

Kindra178 is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

When my kids wore jackets, North Face were warm and not too thick. However, no one really wears jackets anymore, except on the below zero Chicago winter days. 🤦*♀️

Sent from my iPhone using Baby Bargains

SnuggleBuggles is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

Ditto on will they actually wear a coat. Not so much here. Bought a cheap but nice one at Costco.

MSWR0319 is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by SnuggleBuggles View Post
    Ditto on will they actually wear a coat. Not so much here. Bought a cheap but nice one at Costco.

This is what we did last year. DS picked out a cheap coat at Costco. He actually wore it more than I thought, but still not that much.

daisyd is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Thanks all. Any chance someone remembers the brand and the price on the Costco one?

SnuggleBuggles is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

No but they always have plenty of choices and most come in at $30-60.

mmsmom is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Probably a little early to find them but I would recommend North Face from 6pm.com, Sierra.com or Nordstrom Rack.

ahisma is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by mmsmom View Post
    Probably a little early to find them but I would recommend North Face from 6pm.com, Sierra.com or Nordstrom Rack.
    DS1 has a Columbia jacket that we bought at Sierra a few years ago. He's also in men's sizes now, but the Columbia size 18 still fits - go figure. He walks 1 mile each way to school in Michigan, so does wear it - it's worn really well.

mom2binsd is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

I have bought both of my kids a packable jacket from 32 Degrees, it's not down, but it's pretty warm, especially with a fleece underneath, and not bulky at all. No hood, because they won't wear a hood, but prefer hats. I've bought them for about 30.00 on their website (they have great deals and we have been very happy with the quality ) and we live in the midwest. They aren't on their website yet, but check back, I can't say enough about all of their basics.

Like others said, North Face and Patagonia are great brands, not the cheapest but they last too.

jgenie is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by mom2binsd View Post
    I have bought both of my kids a packable jacket from 32 Degrees, it's not down, but it's pretty warm, especially with a fleece underneath, and not bulky at all. No hood, because they won't wear a hood, but prefer hats. I've bought them for about 30.00 on their website (they have great deals and we have been very happy with the quality ) and we live in the midwest. They aren't on their website yet, but check back, I can't say enough about all of their basics.

Like others said, North Face and Patagonia are great brands, not the cheapest but they last too.
    DS1 and I both have the 32 degrees packable coats. They are great especially for the price. I wear mine as often as I wear my pricier coats. Love the colors and that they pack so small.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast