Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    MSWR0319 is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Default Dear Teacher: I'm not making up DS's allergy

Just found out tonight that one of the teacher's in DS's elementary school is going around telling people that I am making up DS's nut allergy and he hasn't been in elementary in 2 years! According to her, I think he may have an allergy but have no proof. WTF???? Yeah, I just made up his allergy that landed us in the ER with anaphylaxis. I just made up papers from the doctor that qualified him for a 504. I just made up his bloodwork that is blaring positive. My friend who works there told me she corrected the teacher by telling her that I take him to an allergist, but won't tell me who said it. I swear people are just stupid. If she's passing this info along to his other teachers, no wonder we have so many 504 violations every year.

jgenie is online now Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

She sounds unhinged!! Who does that??!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Baby Bargains

nfceagles is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by MSWR0319 View Post
    Just found out tonight that one of the teacher's in DS's elementary school is going around telling people that I am making up DS's nut allergy and he hasn't been in elementary in 2 years! According to her, I think he may have an allergy but have no proof. WTF???? Yeah, I just made up his allergy that landed us in the ER with anaphylaxis. I just made up papers from the doctor that qualified him for a 504. I just made up his bloodwork that is blaring positive. My friend who works there told me she corrected the teacher by telling her that I take him to an allergist, but won't tell me who said it. I swear people are just stupid. If she's passing this info along to his other teachers, no wonder we have so many 504 violations every year.
    GRRRRR! I would be tempted to send a letter to the school principal saying it has been brought to your attention that some teacher was saying such things. But I wouldn’t want to put your friend in a difficult situation either.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bisous is online now Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Oh I’m so mad for you. Heck I’m even mad at your friend. The school is violating your DSs civil rights. Maybe I’m just super aggressive but I can’t foresee hearing that conversation and not a. calling then on it and b. telling that they’d be taken to task on it if they don’t stop.

Is this the same school you had issues about your child’s allergy??? I recall a post where a teacher was punitive with your allergy child few years ago.

It’s so wild. I don’t understand people like that teacher.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Mummy to DS1-6/11 and DS2-1/14

That is just awful! And so unprofessional! Who says thing like that, and especially a teacher.
    Mommy to 2 DS's (2003 and 2007)

NCGrandma is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Unfortunately, with my allergy family, this story is all too plausible to me. And teacher attitudes like this don’t help when young kids are bullying others because of allergies. (No, it’s not just "kids will be kids" when they say to a 5-y.o. "I’m going to make you eat peanuts and you’ll die" )

Sent from my iPad using Baby Bargains

Tenasparkl is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

So dangerous to have someone like that teaching in an elementary school!

PZMommy is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Yikes! She sounds crazy! First I think it is a violation of policy to be talking about a child's medical condition. I had to get parent permission to make sure I had a note posted on my teacher desk about a student who had a food allergy in the case I was absent. The child was old enough to advocate for themself and most likely wouldn't encounter the allergen at school, but I wasn't taking a chance! Second why is she talking about a child from 2 years ago??

KpbS is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Unbelievable! Wow, she has some nerve.
    K

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast