ang79 is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Default Ideas for 16th birthday

DD1 turns 16 in Sept. She has it had a friend party for a few years due to Covid and busy sports schedules in the fall. She would like to do something with about 6 friends from school/tennis team and her younger sister. I suggested roller skating as she went to a friends party for that a few years ago. Any other ideas? Also, I’d like to get her an extra special gift this year, maybe a nice piece of jewelry but I’m not really sure as her style is different from mine and she is thrifty like me, so won’t point out things she likes if she thinks they are expensive. Any suggestions?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mom2binsd is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Maybe let her pick out a necklace, Kendra Scott is very popular, maybe a girl's day, lunch and shopping.

As for a party, maybe a pedicure party at a salon with dinner and a sleepover party?

Or other fun ideas she might have?

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

gatorsmom is online now Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

Take her out shopping for jewelry together. Since it’s a gift from you insist that you go together and maybe make a day of it. She doesn’t have to decide on the piece that day. She can browse and think about it. Maybe she will decide she’d really prefer to have a nice leather bag or purse (that was me. Mom bought me a diamond necklace and I asked if we could return it for a much more functional black leather Coach bag instead. I still love that purse and think of her when I use it).

As for her hanging out with friends, what about a special trip to a place they enjoy but don’t usually go? Day trip to local Six Flags/ WDW/ Universal (whatever is in driving distance)? My oldest would have loved a day trip to Renaissance Fair which is 3 hours away. Or escape room? Bigger mall in a bigger city?
    Last edited by gatorsmom; 08-10-2022 at 12:06 PM.
    " I object to violence because when it appears to do good, the good is only temporary; the evil it does is permanent." Mahatma Gandhi

"This is the ultimate weakness of violence: It multiplies evil and violence in the universe. It doesn't solve any problems." Martin Luther King, Jr.

mommy111 is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by gatorsmom View Post
    Mom bought me a diamond necklace and I asked if we could return it for a much more functional black leather Coach bag instead. I still love that purse and think of her when I use it).
    ❤️ nothing else to add but I thought that was adorable!

wendibird22 is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

For DD1s 13th birthday we were a few months into the pandemic. We hired an ice cream truck to park in our driveway and invited friends, family, neighbors, to come get an ice cream. It was a huge hit and the older teens loved it. Ice cream, dippin dots, and Kona ice are all super popular “food” trucks around here. It was surprisingly not expensive. If I were doing it for a 16yr old I’d let her invite all her friends and then let them hang out after.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Mom to two amazing DDs ('07 & '09) and a fur baby.

Gluten free since Nov '11 after non-celiac gluten sensitive diagnosis. Have had great improvement or total elimination of: migraines, bloating/distention, heartburn, cystic acne, canker sores, bleeding gums, eczema on elbows, dry skin and scalp, muscle cramps, PMS, hair loss, heart palpitations, fatigue. I'm amazed.