Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    AnnieW625 is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by georgiegirl View Post
    We went to Maui in June and had an amazing time (with kids). We stayed in a condo in Wailea (not on the beach…out of our budget). Grand Champions through Airbnb. There are several condo complexes in that area that are popular and way cheaper than on the beach.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Thank you! I looked at those and some of the rates are pretty good. Grand Champions isn’t too far from the Fairmont where we stayed in 2003. I actually think we ate dinner one night at the restaurant located at that golf club.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Annie
    WOHM to two wonderful little girls born in April
    DD E, 17
    DD L, 13,
    baby 2, 4-2009 (our Tri-18 baby)

Quote Originally Posted by AnnieW625 View Post
    Thank you! I looked at those and some of the rates are pretty good. Grand Champions isn’t too far from the Fairmont where we stayed in 2003. I actually think we ate dinner one night at the restaurant located at that golf club.

Yep, we walked on the Wailea beach path at sunset a couple of nights and saw those fancy hotels. The unit we stated in had a huge balcony with ocean view. Just a super quick drive down the hill to beaches. The VRBO had beach chairs, an umbrella, boogie boards, etc. We explored other parts of the island and took an amazing snorkel cruise to Lanai one day. We made sure to find a condo with AC since some don’t have it. We liked having laundry and a kitchen (for breakfast). I loved that we could snorkel off the beach at several locations in Maui. (When we went Kauai, our kids were very little so we didn’t snorkel. We stayed at the Grand Hyatt in Poipu 11.5 years ago.)
    DD (3/06)
    DS1 (7/09)
    DS2 (8/13)

SnuggleBuggles is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

Yep, we walked on the Wailea beach path at sunset a couple of nights and saw those fancy hotels. The unit we stated in had a huge balcony with ocean view. Just a super quick drive down the hill to beaches. The VRBO had beach chairs, an umbrella, boogie boards, etc. We explored other parts of the island and took an amazing snorkel cruise to Lanai one day. We made sure to find a condo with AC since some don’t have it. We liked having laundry and a kitchen (for breakfast). I loved that we could snorkel off the beach at several locations in Maui. (When we went Kauai, our kids were very little so we didn’t snorkel. We stayed at the Grand Hyatt in Poipu 11.5 years ago.)
    Do you have the VRBO link?

Sent from my iPhone using Baby Bargains

Default Hawaii vacation favorites

Here’s the link. Can’t get a better deal on a 3 bedroom condo. Not the fanciest place (a little worn), but spacious with a nice balcony. The owner was super accommodating when our flight was cancelled and we had the opportunity to shift our stay by a day (arrive one day later and stay an extra day.) the owner said no problem and didn’t charge us extra.

https://t.vrbo.io/lCDkpfC8ssb

DD (3/06)
    DS1 (7/09)
    DS2 (8/13)

AnnieW625 is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

Here’s the link. Can’t get a better deal on a 3 bedroom condo. Not the fanciest place (a little worn), but spacious with a nice balcony. The owner was super accommodating when our flight was cancelled and we had the opportunity to shift our stay by a day (arrive one day later and stay an extra day.) the owner said no problem and didn’t charge us extra.

https://t.vrbo.io/lCDkpfC8ssb

Thanks! Either she doesn’t rent it out December to March or she hasn’t posted the dates available yet. Thanks so much for the link.

Annie
    WOHM to two wonderful little girls born in April
    DD E, 17
    DD L, 13,
    baby 2, 4-2009 (our Tri-18 baby)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2