Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    daisyd is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Sending positive vibes your way

bcafe is online now Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Good luck!

♥ms.pacman♥ is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Thanks all! I think it went very well, and he said I should be hearing from HR next week
    I am beyond excited for this !!

Fingers crossed. Maybe this is the job you’ve been waiting for.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    DD (3/06)
    DS1 (7/09)
    DS2 (8/13)

mommy111 is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Good luck!!! 🍀

♥ms.pacman♥ is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by georgiegirl View Post
    Fingers crossed. Maybe this is the job you’ve been waiting for.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Thank you! I really hope it is!! Like, I could not have picked something that fit better.

As many of you know, this year I spent sooo much time and energy into looking for new job… I was sending out resumes, applying to various openings with no luck. I targeted mostly big-name tech companies but a few small start ups as well. I got turned down by most, but did manage to land initial screening interviews at four large tech companies (one I even had a personal referral) yet I was never selected to advance. Most of them did not seem to be impressed at all by my resume/background. I felt like the process was rather rote and they were just going through a process to weed people out. They gave very little information about what I would be doing in the position.

I took a break from job hunting once I got finally got promoted early this summer (which that alone was another humongous effort and involved tons of emotional labor). Then I got a message from a recruiter on LinkedIn about an open position at this company. I didn’t give it much thought, I had not heard of this company and figured there was slim chance it would ever pan out anyway. Though I figured, no harm in sending a resume. Right after I sent it the recruiter was messaging me saying they had a couple VPs interested. I was still skeptical but I figured might as well go on an initial phone screen interview. Well after the first few interviews I realized it seemed like a great fit. Every single person I interviewed seemed visibly impressed with my resume and happy to talk to me. I felt so valued, it was incredible. I hadn’t felt like that in a long long time. Everyone was nice and easy to talk to and seemed genuinely interested in working with me. Also, the mission of the company is one that is important to me and I have an interest in.

Anyway so I am looking forward to hopefully getting an offer next week!

Sounds like it'll be a good fit and a supportive work environment! Best wishes for a great offer next week!

gatorsmom is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

Saying prayers for you. You’ve had a rough last few years with that other company. You deserve a job you enjoy and a place you really love to work.
    " I object to violence because when it appears to do good, the good is only temporary; the evil it does is permanent." Mahatma Gandhi

"This is the ultimate weakness of violence: It multiplies evil and violence in the universe. It doesn't solve any problems." Martin Luther King, Jr.

liz is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Sending mojo!!

Sending tons of mojo!
    DS: Raising heck since 12/09

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast