arivecchi is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

Default How much did you pay/are you paying to go to Europe?

Looking for spring break and the prices are absolutely nuts. What's a reasonable fare these days? We are flying from Denver to paris and Munich to Denver.
    DS1 2006
    DS2 2009

mmsmom is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Well, high air fare is the reason we didn’t go this summer. We are at a major airport on the east coast and can usually get direct to Paris, London, Frankfurt for $600-800 round trip. In June these flights were $2600 with 2 stops. I was willing to pay up to $1000 but we couldn’t even get close to that. It is typically better to fly to a major city in Europe then use the low cost airlines to move around within Europe. I’m not sure how low cost those still are because I didn’t get that far in booking this year.

AnnieW625 is online now Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

Absolutely no clue but the prices out of Los Angeles must be pretty good because I swear no less than about 10 FB friends have been to Europe this summer (with most being in France). Even domestic for some locations seems high right now. Good luck!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Annie
    WOHM to two wonderful little girls born in April
    DD E, 17
    DD L, 13,
    baby 2, 4-2009 (our Tri-18 baby)

SnuggleBuggles is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

$1800-2000 round trip. Flight one was main cabin on BA. Return was “comfort plus” on Delta.

Sent from my iPhone using Baby Bargains

Twoboos is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

We paid around $2k each round trip from Boston to London Heathrow. Booked in April, traveled in July. We were locked into the dates so not many options. We went out on BA and back on AA, since they are partnered.
    "Every mother needs a wife." - Amy Poehler, Yes Please

We were in Portugal for 2 weeks on Delta -- in and out of JFK. 4 people, nonstop. $1650 Booked in April, I think. Flew in early July.

We travel a lot and have been to Europe several times in the last 5 years. My approach with airfare is to have flexible plans. I chose Portugal this year, in part, because I found a fabulous deal. In 2019 we went to Italy for 3 weeks because I had flights for 4 of us into Milan and out of Rome for $2100 and they were nonstop. It might help to get a better deal if you can be flexible about location. FWIW, we'd like to go to Germany (DH and I both are largely German and have distant relatives there) and I've noticed flights to Germany have been on the more expensive side whenever I've looked.
    Last edited by vludmilla; 08-12-2022 at 02:54 PM.
    DD '06
    DD '14

arivecchi is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

Default How much did you pay/are you paying to go to Europe?

Thanks all. Booked flights for $1100 pp which seems reasonable these days. Appreciate the input!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    DS1 2006
    DS2 2009